Arlia
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A Ruin in the distance

2 posters

Page 5 of 7 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next

Go down

A Ruin in the distance - Page 5 Empty Re: A Ruin in the distance

Post by Mythrandiel Fri Jun 10, 2016 1:36 am

Mythrandiel would help the dwarves move any equipment they didnt want crushedin a landslide, and once they were ready dug a large trench around the opening so to strengthen the resulting wall with leverage against the "king of the deeps " escape attempts. He would Fly up along the mountains ridges and begins breaking chunks of mountain and more or less simply ravaging the mountain side making a point to use area's that may contain ore veins and minerals. Once finished and the cavern was well and truly buried beneath multiple hundreds of tons of rock, metal, and mineral, he returned to the bottome and begame using his body to force the materials as far into the cavern entrance as he could forcing it against the shield and cavern walls before stepping back and unleashing a torrent of white hot flame melting everything together and melting it into the mountains own side and underground. It took awhile but when he finished he re distributed the dirt and debris he took to make the trenches and began actively burying the now blocked entrance. " I think that should at the very least keep them busy for awhile. Now then Are there any larger things hat I can take from you so you can travel more quickly?
Mythrandiel
Mythrandiel

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin Fri Jun 10, 2016 1:42 am

The dwarves watched in awe as he covered the entrance completely for them and melted it all together. "No, we can make our own way, you should go ahead and tell your kobolds we are friends...How old are you? Your so powerful you must be an older dragon, I can't imagine many dragons being able to melt stone." It was obvious this dwarf knew precious little about dragons.
Admin
Admin
Admin

https://arlia.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Mythrandiel Fri Jun 10, 2016 1:50 am

" I would actually be considered..... A VERY young dragon. I am only 100 years. Different types of Drsgons have different breath abilities. I myself know very little of anything because i had no one to raise me, it seems that knowledge flows into my mind when i see something.but yes i shall let them know you are friends, I will also inform my.... Neighbor Niad. He is a slightly older Dragon whom lives up at the peak in the cavern my egg created. He seems mostly amiable""
Mythrandiel
Mythrandiel

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin Fri Jun 10, 2016 1:58 am

"Oh...well then we are grateful you are taking us in, if you're so powerful and young, I hate to see what would happen if we were attacked by an older dragon. We will be there soon, just give us some time to collect our things and pack up the blockade. We will be there after night fall."
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Mythrandiel Fri Jun 10, 2016 10:55 am

Mythrandiel would nod and give as close to a smile as a dragon possibly could and take off back toward his fortress. He stopped at the peak first to let Niad know about the dwarves and give him a heads up about the Driders and the "King of the Deep". He then headed back down to his home to tell Murbib and the tribe, and hopefully see how much meat had been salvaged.
Mythrandiel
Mythrandiel

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin Fri Jun 10, 2016 3:16 pm

Niad raises a scale ridge ((eyebrow)) and said "I'll look into it, the name sounds somewhat familiar." He curled back up to go to sleep once Mythrandiel left.

Murbib and his tribe had managed to salvage quite a bit of meat actually, it seemed that whatever the Driders were doing was either not completed, or they really were just killing for fun. There was nothing wrong with the mammoth meat. So they managed to get a rather significant amount.

"Issue with though.." said murbib "So much meaty food stuffs, some may bad before eating, how to keep from happens?"
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Mythrandiel Fri Jun 10, 2016 9:20 pm

" we can smoke it,or salt and cure it. I am sure the dwarves will know better than I how to preserve it. We're also atop a cold mountain, we could make another smaller cave and use use snow and ice to keep it cool.
Mythrandiel
Mythrandiel

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin Fri Jun 10, 2016 10:27 pm

Murbib nods "Me thinks cold cave would do good, good for storing many stuffs, not just meaty foods." He tried to sound intelligent when he spoke to mythrandiel, and he did, but it was always a bit dumbed down because of how he spoke common tongue.

After a few hours the dwarves managed to get there. Their leader came in first "Mythrandiel! This fortress in almost entirely intact, lucky you landed so close to it in your egg."
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Mythrandiel Fri Jun 10, 2016 10:54 pm

Mythrandiel would welcome his new friends and would introduce Forgeson and Murbib and explain a bit to Forgeson what things had been planned. Learning and using the forge, mining the rich Mithril veins this fortress was built atop, and constructing a meat locker, and trying to preserve meat to last longer. "Together I believe this fortress may be the start of a wonderful settlement for all of us."
Mythrandiel
Mythrandiel

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin Sat Jun 11, 2016 2:44 am

Forgeson nodded "Well, we can obviously work the forge for you all, a few of us are trained dwarven smiths! It definitely doesn't hurt any that this mountain has veins of Mithril, we've never mined that specific mineral before, not personally at least, but we should still be able to mine if more efficiently than your Kobolds...No offense."

Murbib shrugged "None takes."

Forgeson said "With the meat locker that would be you guys, we have been traveling for a very long time, and living off of jerky and bread. I think our expertise at keeping meat is...rusty. But another good thing, is that one we start mining and getting more basic materials, we can rebuild and maybe even expand upon the fortress. If we are going to be a proper settlement we should be a bit bigger. Do you have a name for this place?"
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Mythrandiel Sat Jun 11, 2016 3:00 am

Mythrandiel pondered a moment " I can't say that I do, I didnt even think about naming it honestly untill you mentioned it. We can talk more in the morning. Its been a long day and your people must be tired and hungry. Murbib, why don't you show them where you've put the meat, I am going to eat and rest." Mythrandiel smiled at his new friends again and watched for awhile to make sure all were getting along well before taking a what was left of a mammoth and bringing it into his lair and eating before curling himself up and drifting off to slumber.
Mythrandiel
Mythrandiel

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin Sat Jun 11, 2016 3:42 pm

Everyone went about their business and let him rest, the Kobolds and dwarves had time to try and set a few things up before they also had to rest. They were getting along, but only because they had a dragon for a leader, not because they particularly liked each other. Kobolds and dwarves were ancient enemies, Mythrandiel was lucky to have found two open minded groups.

The next morning he would be woken by Niad's voice at the mouth of his lair's entrance "Mythrandiel! Get up!" It sounded equal parts urgent and very annoyed.
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Mythrandiel Sat Jun 11, 2016 9:41 pm

He would wake and hurry to the mouth of the lair. " Niad?!? What is it?"
Mythrandiel
Mythrandiel

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin Sat Jun 11, 2016 9:46 pm

Niad sighed "We seem to have a visitor." He led him out to the main wall of the fortress, where a rather large red dragon was waiting for them. It was much larger than the two of them, though they could tell it wasn't crazy amounts older than them. It's just red dragons are on of the larger dragon breeds, if not the largest dragon breed.

Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Mythrandiel Sun Jun 12, 2016 2:35 am

Mythrandiel Strode up to the walls of his fortress. " Hello fellow dragon. You must be the dragon i sensed the other day"
Mythrandiel
Mythrandiel

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin Sun Jun 12, 2016 2:57 pm

The red dragon looked down at them rather menacingly "Yes that would be me, Adamantine. I am the great Tchazzar! I once ruled these mountains before the damnable small races stole the world from us. I would be rebuilding my empire, but these mountains have been overrun by..." It looks and sees the dwarves and kobolds and it's mouth turns into a sneer of disgust "by those things. I will be gone for some time but I will be returning, and I will take this mountain range back. This is a warning. By that time you will either be a worthy opponent, or you will be gone before I see you. Or you will be dead."

A low growl was heard coming from the back of Niad's throat, he was going to let Mythrandiel talk, as he was the one in charge of the land, Niad was just living here for awhile. But Niad was obviously in attack mode, and was waiting for a single move from the red.
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Mythrandiel Sun Jun 12, 2016 7:20 pm

" I see no reason to fight, but if and when you return you try to hurt my friends or harm the lives that call these mountains home. You will have a fight. " Mythrandiel had shaken the sleep from himself and stood showing no fear what so ever.
Mythrandiel
Mythrandiel

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin Mon Jun 13, 2016 3:12 am

The red dragon let out a billowing, diabolical laugh and looked at them with a mixture of amusement and disdain "Silly metallic, you're weak race could never beat me. I'll be gone a long while, prepare yourselves, because that's when you die." He snarled and blasted off into the sky with a loud crack of his wings, sending snow and gusts of wind across the fortress.

Niad walked over and sighed "I hate chromatics, especially reds."
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Mythrandiel Mon Jun 13, 2016 3:35 am

"I've never known any, but if all act like him I would wager I agree with you. I'm not too worried he said he'd be gone for a long while. Plenty of time for us to prepare and become stronger. Though I'm not entirely sure how I would go about gaining strength. I figure thats something a parent would have taught me in my earlier years"
Mythrandiel
Mythrandiel

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin Mon Jun 13, 2016 11:22 pm

Niad nods "Yes it would have been, it's different for most dragons. Of course the easiest way is...time I suppose, get older and stronger. Sadly that won't make you stronger than him because he'll be getting older as well...Hmm. I was once rather skilled in magic, perhaps I could look into it for you?"
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Mythrandiel Mon Jun 13, 2016 11:24 pm

"that would be appreciated Niad, Until then" Looks at his Kobold and Dwarven friends. " We should make a plan on getting this place more defensible.
Mythrandiel
Mythrandiel

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin Tue Jun 14, 2016 10:43 pm

Niad nodded "We should also send a group of kobolds down to see if the Driders you fought yesterday have tried to get out yet. I assume they'll try something, and Kobolds can get down there and back up here rather quickly."
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Mythrandiel Thu Jun 16, 2016 9:13 pm

Mythrandiel would nod. " I was going to ask if the swarves wanted scout the area but it makes sense that kobolds are fleeter of foot and move faster in this terrain. Murbib, send a group of your fastest and stealthiest scouts to the fort our dwarve friends came from and see if the molten plugs are holding fast. While their gone we're start repairing the fortress and start reopening the mithril mines
Mythrandiel
Mythrandiel

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin Wed Jun 22, 2016 1:22 am

Murbib nodded and sent a small detachment of his faster and stealthiest hunters to go check that all of Mythrandiels precautions against the Drider had held firm, they would return that evening more than likely.

Forgeson was inspecting the walls and fittings around the fortress and had made a plan to repair the walls first, moving inward from there, half of his 95 dwarven brothers and sisters would work on the repairs, and the other half would work on opening the mithral mines so they can start producing workable metals.

"The forge has the capability to forge Mithral, but my men won't be able to make much with it, we aren't skilled with that type of metal. We can make some basic armors, weapons, perhaps reinforcements for the walls, but that will be about it." Forgeson said with a nod.
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Mythrandiel Wed Jun 22, 2016 4:59 pm

Mythrandiel shook his head. "That isn't something to apologize for Forgeson, my friend, with time comes both experience and skill. If there is any task that needs my help please ask. For now I am going to explore more of the surounding area, I don't want any more surprises like those Driders being too close without us knowing.
Mythrandiel
Mythrandiel

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 5 of 7 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum