A Ruin in the distance

Page 1 of 7 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

A Ruin in the distance

Post by Mythrandiel on Fri May 27, 2016 10:13 pm

As Mythrandiel stood atop the mountain top gazing at the world around and below him and stretching his wings, testing this body he never had truly known, he saw what looked like some sort of city. And wafting up from it 2 smells, one something vaguely similar to himself but diluted, the other some type of metal, some type of metal that smelled wonderful that he wanted. With little thought to his sudden awakening he began to descend the mountain toward what he had thought was sort of town, but as it grew closer was in fact some sort of fortress.
Mythrandiel

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: A Ruin in the distance

Post by Admin on Fri May 27, 2016 10:26 pm

As he got closer he would see myriad small campfires in this old ruined dwarven fortress. Once he approached he could see the fires were surrounded by small reptilian creatures laughing, eating scraps, and going about their business. When they saw him however, he could hear them start screeching and scattering, he terrified them.
Admin
Admin

View user profile http://arlia.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Mythrandiel on Fri May 27, 2016 10:56 pm

Mythrandiel frowned to himself. What had he done to scare these diminutive lizard folk. He slowed down his pace and simply walked casually toward the settlement and flattened some of his metalic spikes and spines to look less threatening. When he got just to the wall of the fortress he tilted his (ie puppy head tilt)) and studied the scampering little lizards people.
Mythrandiel

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin on Fri May 27, 2016 10:58 pm

When he landed and obviously attempted to make himself look less threatening they stopped scattering, a few of them even came closer. One of them, larger than the others walked up and said in broken common tongue "Me are Murbib, we kobold tribe, we named Tribe Tall Hill. You have name?"
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Mythrandiel on Fri May 27, 2016 11:04 pm

He nodded. I am Mythrandiel. A century ago my egg fell through the sky and was burried in a cavern atop this mountain. I hatched, and then I slept for 100 years. Now I am awake. I smelled your people, you smell almost like me, I also smell some type of Metal, and it smells wonderful and makes me happy.
Mythrandiel

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin on Fri May 27, 2016 11:10 pm

"You look little like us, but big and wing-y...and spikes" Murbib thought for a moment about the metal then got excited and nodded "Metal in tall hill, yes yes! Mithyrils! Shinies metal! Lots here."
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Mythrandiel on Fri May 27, 2016 11:33 pm

Maybe we can make an agreement. Work together help eachother? I can help you repair this ancient fortress and help protect you and make you stronger. In return I'd like to be able to make my lair within the fortress and mountain side, and perhaps have you mine some of this Mithyrils for my lair. I am not like others of my kind, I wish to do good and help those who need it. What do you think Murbib?
Mythrandiel

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin on Fri May 27, 2016 11:35 pm

Murbib looked at the other of his tribe and they all seemed to be nodding and making clapping gestures, like they seemed very happy with this idea. Murbib turned to Mythrandiel and nodded "Yes! Mythrandi welcome to home! Make your own home! We be lead by you!" He tried his best to say Mythrandiel's full name but obviously couldnt just yet.
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Mythrandiel on Fri May 27, 2016 11:42 pm

Mythrandiel smiled, and it was obviously a happy dragon smile. " Thank you Murbib, I think we will be very good friends for eachother." With that he squeezed himself into the fortress, and over to where the fortress met the mountain side, it looked dangerous and unstable due to the state of the walls not being mainted. " Murbib, do any of your tribe use this part of the fortress where it meets the mountains and is ruined?"
Mythrandiel

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin on Fri May 27, 2016 11:48 pm

Murbib shakes his head "No No Mythrandi, we no use this bits. This bits unstable and no safe for homing."
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Mythrandiel on Sat May 28, 2016 12:03 am

He nods abit and scrutinizes the wall and picks out the spots that are the most unstable and nodded again. " Stay behind me, I am going to make my lair in the mountain side and make this the entrance, after that it will be safer too." With that he'd wait for any of the tribe to move away and reared his head inhaled a large breath. As he did this some of the spikes and spines along his back began to emit a faint white glow as if the adamantine that was part of his body began heating up, as did the plates along his neck and abdomen. Suddenly he snapped his head forward as a torrent of white hot fire spewed forth against the ruins. Slowly it would begin actually melting the stone forming eventualy a relatively sheltered cave entrance within the now stable ruins. He would slowly move forward taking a fair bit of time, stopping from time to time to breath for a few moments and catch his next wind. Eventualy he had dissapeared into the fairly small ( by dragon standards) entrance tunnel and after several meters he began to create a larger cavern. After the ordeal was finished he re-emerged and let out a huff and a sigh. and checked the stability of the stone buildings and parapets and such that hid the opening, using small more precise stream of the fire from his nostrils to melt and stabilize any area's that may threaten his new found friends. When he was done to his satisfaction he nodded with a pleased huff. "That.....was alot....more work, then I .... thought...... I'm abit tired and alittle peckish."
Mythrandiel

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin on Sat May 28, 2016 12:07 am

After he finished he saw them watching him wide eyed and mouths agape with awe. After he emerged they started to clap and hoot with awe "Mythrandi that amazing! Just sits and we bring food stuffs and things! Worry none, we have lotsa foods!"
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Mythrandiel on Sat May 28, 2016 12:41 am

He smiles again and sits down just outside the entrance to his cave. " thank you friends. I will help you hunt when next you go too, help you take down bigger game."
Mythrandiel

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin on Sat May 28, 2016 12:43 am

They seemed very grateful for such a gesture from their new big friend, they weren't sure whether to call him leader or not, but that's how they were going to treat him. They brought him a collection of smaller animals they had hunted and said "We sorry but we no able to take down big food things, no enough stick weapons." He pointed to their spears.
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Mythrandiel on Sat May 28, 2016 12:48 am

It is very much appreciated Murbib. I am sure the people who built this place must have a forge, I can tell you how to use it, and you can use some of the mythirils that you mine for me, to make better weapons.
Mythrandiel

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin on Sat May 28, 2016 12:52 am

Murbib smiled wide and nodded "Yes yes! Can do this, if taught. We know where forgey stove is! Over in large ruin room, still kinds of whole there."
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Mythrandiel on Sat May 28, 2016 12:57 am

"Well then let us eat and afterward, I can show you how to keep the forge hot enough to melt the metals." He takes some of the food he had been offered.
Mythrandiel

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin on Sat May 28, 2016 1:04 am

They all plopped onto the ground around him just as he said and began eating. They were rather ravenous eaters and not very clean, but they werent barbaric by any means. Just then, Mythrandiel would sense something, something familiar but different. There was something else in this mountain range, not close enough to threaten him just yet, but it was present.
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Mythrandiel on Sat May 28, 2016 9:10 pm

He raised his head and glanced around the  skies and ridges and then settled back to eating the meal with his friends.  After a time he would  stand again and arch his back stretching.  So shall we look at this forge? what do you and your tribe normally do in a day?
Mythrandiel

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin on Sat May 28, 2016 9:29 pm

"Follow Mythrandi, we bring to forgey place...and most time we just hunting. Not much food stuff and things up and round tall hill." They led him to the forge and saw it was mostly intact and was ready to use, just needed to be fired up.
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Mythrandiel on Sat May 28, 2016 10:14 pm

He looked at the forge and paced aropund it abit before sending a small and quick gout of flame into the furnace under the forge proper and watched as the old dwarven forge roared to life. " this is a very old Dwarven forge..... it should stay alight without much maintenance, and its a fully stocked forge, they've left all of their form molds it seems. Now we just need to get the metal. But for now, we can go hunt. What type of big game is near here? we can hunt that and have food for awhile while we forge and mine
Mythrandiel

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin on Sat May 28, 2016 10:19 pm

Murbib thought for a moment about big game "Biggest meat animal on tall hill is big furry bear with tusks and long sniffer thing! We no hunt those, much big for us, we small."
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Mythrandiel on Sat May 28, 2016 10:40 pm

He nods. "We shall hunt one of those then. we can find one, I'll hide and if you shase it close to me I will grab it's neck so it can not run
Mythrandiel

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin on Sat May 28, 2016 10:53 pm

Just then a loud thud is heard in the courtyard along with the confused, excited, and scared voices of kobolds. When Mythrandiel got out there a dragon just a bit bigger than he was, with a deep blue coloration was standing on the walls to his fortress. A mammoth at his feet, dead. He said with a deep rumbling voice "You wouldn't happen to mean one of these? Would you?"

Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Mythrandiel on Sat May 28, 2016 11:06 pm

Mythrandiel walks over and tilts his abit. "Um yes I do believe thats exactluy what they were speaking of." I am Mythrandiel, who are you friend.
Mythrandiel

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 7 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top