Arlia
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A Journey Underneath

2 posters

Page 3 of 6 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

Go down

A Journey Underneath - Page 3 Empty Re: A Journey Underneath

Post by Xhar'zyavhir Thu Jun 09, 2016 10:00 pm

"Perhaps." She looked him over. It would be a challenge. "Magic is finicky at best. But it looks like, my friend, you don't have much choice." Despite his claims, Xhar'zyavhir was sure that the abyss had greatly affected his intelligence.
Xhar'zyavhir
Xhar'zyavhir

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin Thu Jun 09, 2016 10:09 pm

He grumbled softly and then moved a little bit, like he was nodding "You have my services Queen Xhar'zyavhir...Call on me when you need me, and I will appear where you need me...This cavern is my place...but I will leave it when summoned.."
Admin
Admin
Admin

https://arlia.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Xhar'zyavhir Thu Jun 09, 2016 10:27 pm

"I will call upon you soon, Noxin. You're condition interests me greatly. For now, we are journeying deeper to find a place to settle. I ask two things of you now. What civilizations are around here, and where do you think the abyssal leaks are?"
She didn't want to stumble upon these leaks until she was ready. And to have knowledge of the current layout would be very useful.
Xhar'zyavhir
Xhar'zyavhir

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin Thu Jun 09, 2016 10:32 pm

He thought for a moment "Two to the north east here in the under dark, and one far to the north on the surface."
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Xhar'zyavhir Thu Jun 09, 2016 10:40 pm

"Good." A twinge of impatience in her voice. Something was terribly wrong with Noxin if his short term memory was this bad. Perhaps her new investment was not even worth it. "Now tell me what lives around here. Where are the nearest cities and civilizations?"
Xhar'zyavhir
Xhar'zyavhir

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin Thu Jun 09, 2016 10:49 pm

He answered quickly this time, he knew this "On this half of the world there are isolated Ilithid and Drow city states, very few drow though. There are also four large Ilithid Empires with walls and cities like the surface dwellers. Their elder brains are horrible amalgamations of individual Elder brains from different city states that merged. Their huge size and ancient knowledge allowed them to forge the first Under Dark Empires."
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Xhar'zyavhir Thu Jun 09, 2016 10:54 pm

"I see. Excellent. Thank you. Noxin, you should remain here in your lair. Inform me telepathically of the going ons that you observe. Especially if something important enters here. I will be in touch."
She circled back to the Orks and told them the way is safe. She lead them onwards to find one of the isolated city states. They would be the easiest to establish herself in. The Elder brain situation interested her as well. So much knowledge. But that means they are also quite dangerous. We should stay clear of the larger empires until we have a permanent place of residence.
Xhar'zyavhir
Xhar'zyavhir

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin Thu Jun 09, 2016 10:58 pm

When they passed by the place she saw Noxin, she would notice he appeared to be gone, but that must have been because he was camouflaged again. The city states were scattered, she could sense concentrations of drow and their magic behind their city walls, and she could sense the power of assorted Elder Brains, but then she could sense something else nearby, it was psionic like ilithids but different.
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Xhar'zyavhir Fri Jun 10, 2016 12:12 am

Hmm. More surprises no doubt. She would like to see what it was that was so interesting. But even with her mind guarded, she may be noticed. She stopped and summoned Kurgoth to her. "Kurgoth. do you feel that presence? They seem to have powerful psionics. Do you think you can go spy on what it is? Say nothing, only observe and report back to me. If it discovers you you can at least run away without being attacked or tracked."
Xhar'zyavhir
Xhar'zyavhir

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin Fri Jun 10, 2016 12:19 am

Kurgoth nodded to her "I'll go ahead and check out what it is, hopefully I won't have to run away." He smirked "Rather not have to run from something the first time I see something down here."

He walked down and after a couple hours he came back and said "It looks like a basic walled village, not much better than basic settlements on the surface. Full of weird squid faced things, a few of them looked undead though, old and in leadership positions. Maybe some kind of Liches?"
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Xhar'zyavhir Fri Jun 10, 2016 12:33 am

"Ahh, So they've figured it out. Marvelous. This could be very beneficial to us. Thank you Kurgoth, I'm glad you were not eaten." She smiled. All of these small scattered groups. They needed a uniter. Someone to bring them under an organized rule. It was time to begin, through force or charm. The future shall decide.
"Kurgoth, come with me. it's time to pay a visit to our neighbors." The rest of the Orks would stay there. She told them to be alert and set up a contingency spell to let them know if she was injured with any severity. If that happened they were to rush the Ilithid city state.
Xhar'zyavhir and Kurgoth would calmly approach the lich ilithid city state.
Xhar'zyavhir
Xhar'zyavhir

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin Fri Jun 10, 2016 12:44 am

Kurgoth would follow her order and go with her. When they got close, a voice would ring in her head, speaking under common. "What are you doing here beast? We do not treat with outsiders."
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Xhar'zyavhir Fri Jun 10, 2016 1:02 am

"Hold on." She stopped Kurgoth before the went any further. "Greetings Elder Brain. I am here on diplomatic terms. I'm not sure you would remember who I am, but I am a being that you may want to reconsider that claim. We have much to offer.
Xhar'zyavhir
Xhar'zyavhir

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin Fri Jun 10, 2016 1:03 am

"Elderbrain!? HA! I am an Alhoon, a Ilithid Lich, we have defied the Elder Brains by choosing to live eternally instead of becoming their food, there are no elder brains here."
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Xhar'zyavhir Fri Jun 10, 2016 1:07 am

If Xhar'zyavhir were a mortal, her face would have grown hot. Her irritation increased at her mistake but she was determined not to let it show.
"Then you have even more to gain from our meeting, lich. I seek those who can think for themselves. If I cannot convince you right away, allow me to intrigue you. My companion has a curious thought for you.
Xhar'zyavhir
Xhar'zyavhir

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin Fri Jun 10, 2016 1:10 am

"I can not enter the mind of your companion. What is he?" It asked with an annoyed and suspicious raspy voice.
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Xhar'zyavhir Fri Jun 10, 2016 1:17 am

"Really? Are you sure? He is only a mere Ork. She sneered but was very careful to keep only her surface thoughts visible. "Maybe you should keep trying.

She turned to Kurgoth. "They are trying to enter your mind. If we end up speaking in person, play along."
Xhar'zyavhir
Xhar'zyavhir

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin Fri Jun 10, 2016 1:18 am

Kurgoth nodded to her and chuckled "Alright.."

The voice vanished for a few moments before appearing again "There is no way that is just an Ork, we can't get through, and we sense fey protections. Do not lie to us, beast."
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Xhar'zyavhir Fri Jun 10, 2016 1:21 am

"Let us speak in person and all shall be revealed, Alhoon. She was playing confident, and was hoping that they would bite. "I am interested in your city and I assure you I can make it worth your while.
Xhar'zyavhir
Xhar'zyavhir

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin Fri Jun 10, 2016 1:23 am

"You will remain there, and we will come to you."

Three Alhoon liches walked out, along with a group of 6 Ilithids trailing behind them. The first one, the one that looked the most powerful and oldest spoke "So it is just an Ork...how is this possible?"
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Xhar'zyavhir Fri Jun 10, 2016 1:38 am

"He is under my protection. There are many things in this world, that may be a mystery to you. Things that can give you an edge against your enemies. I have come to see if if you really had attained lichdom, mind flayer. I did not believe it." She paused and would be gauging their reactions to what she said.
Xhar'zyavhir
Xhar'zyavhir

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin Fri Jun 10, 2016 1:45 am

"Well according to our knowledge Dragons have been gone from this world for about 2,000 years, an entire age of this plane. Of course you weren't here when we finally achieved the spells required to give ourselves the power and freedom of Lichdom. It happened about three hundred years ago, and I have been a lich for two hundred and fifty. What could you offer us, that we could not twist and use ourselves?"
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Xhar'zyavhir Wed Jun 15, 2016 5:57 pm

"Then your power should be great indeed. It's true I have been gone for an age. And in my absence, the world has shifted. Not necessarily for the better. This part of the Underdark used to be a kingdom, Alhoon. The best mages and warriors gather around these parts. Now, it appears scattered and disjointed." She glared a wicked glare. "And now, there are things stirring in the world. Forces, that you may be unaware of, are growing stronger. I can feel them plainly as you feel the thoughts of others, and even I do not know yet how powerful they may become. You are in danger, and this land in the Underdark needs to be reunited to stay strong. Do you know of the Beholder who calls himself Noxin?"
Xhar'zyavhir
Xhar'zyavhir

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin Wed Jun 15, 2016 6:00 pm

The Alhoon seemed to be listening, but only to humor her and her ork servant, but when she mentioned Noxin he snapped to attention "You have met the twisted beholder? The one who was tainted? How are you still alive? He kills everything that comes through that tunnel, that's why we live here. He keeps the tunnel safe."
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Xhar'zyavhir Wed Jun 15, 2016 6:16 pm

"Indeed, it is the second time we have met. He has enough sense left in him, that he saw the value in joining my cause."

She let that sink in a bit. Noticing their reactions, she decided to capitalize on this.
"He will not keep these tunnels safe for long. The abyssal energy that leaks into this world will kill him. Very soon. The energy is sweeping across the world and infecting things. The safety of those tunnels will be the least of your worries. "
Xhar'zyavhir
Xhar'zyavhir

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 3 of 6 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum