Lurking in the Shadows

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Re: Lurking in the Shadows

Post by Admin on Mon May 30, 2016 2:25 am

He shrugged "The Fire Kin are as skilled with magic as you can assume an Ork is. They can cast proficient fire magic to be used as cover and artillery, but besides that Goreboz and I never really found a use for them except to scare people away. Orks casting magic is a bit scary to humans and elves."
Admin
Admin

View user profile http://arlia.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Xhar'zyavhir on Mon May 30, 2016 2:46 am

She scoffed and puffs of smoke left from her mouth. Not worth the effort. They needed man power, not scare tactics, where they were going.
"Yes I'm sure they're quite frightening. We'll leave them be for now. The other two clans will soon meet their fates."
She stood up, stretching her wings, and telepathically commanded her followers to listen to Kurgoth.
"Prepare you troops. We leave at once to the Sky Breakers clan. I will fly ahead and out of sight to scout the surroundings as you move. If anything happens, you will be warned. Is there a way for you to lower your mind shield for me to contact you?"
Xhar'zyavhir

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin on Mon May 30, 2016 2:53 am

He shook his head "It's like a heart beat, involuntary. I can't do anything to raise it or lower it. You can contact one of my men for them to tell me if something comes up. I will rally the forces." He steps down and towards the men and starts barking loud orders in Orkish, and they all start moving fast to prepare for a march.
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Xhar'zyavhir on Mon May 30, 2016 3:02 am

"Very well. Head out at once, for the glory of your clan and in the name of Xhar'zyavil the Majestic Arcane!"
With that, Xhar'zyavhil launched into the sky and cast an improved invisibility spell. This would allow to her fly undetected, proved she was high enough to make little noise. She would fly a mile or two ahead of the troop, watching for anything interesting. And sending out her mind as per her usual routine.
Xhar'zyavhir

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin on Mon May 30, 2016 3:08 am

Nothing of interest existed between her and the other orkish group, nothing she saw anyway. So it was just a matter of her and the new ork army that was marching a mile or two behind her getting there.
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Xhar'zyavhir on Mon May 30, 2016 3:16 am

"It's almost too easy."
Xhar'zyavhil would fly back to the group and communicate to one of the Orks. "Tell Kurgoth that I will be casting spells on the group. Take as many of them as prisoners as you can. I will try to convince them to surrender."
With that, she began to cast a Bless and Prayer spell on the horde. Sadly she couldn't make them invisible. But this should give their combat skills a bit of a boost.
Xhar'zyavhir

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin on Mon May 30, 2016 3:24 am

Kurgoth heard what was happening and commanded the horde to begin marching faster, it was now a forced fast march towards the enemies. It should be easy for her to make them surrender, chances are they don't have a planar Ork leader.
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Xhar'zyavhir on Mon May 30, 2016 3:34 am

She would land stealthily nearby the Sky Breaker village and observe all there was to see. She would wait for the troops to arrive. Once there, Xhar'zyavhir planned to reveal herself and release a mass suggestion spell. Attempting, once more, to add to her devout followers.
For now, she waited and watched for any relevant information.
Xhar'zyavhir

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin on Mon May 30, 2016 3:41 am

The charging orks got closer and closer, and the Sky Breakers saw them just as they were getting close and started shouting loudly in Orkish and prepared to defend themselves if need be. There were fewer here, probably closer to 45 than the 75 black hook orks she already had. She would have a good start for an army when moving into the Under Dark with these Orks behind her.
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Xhar'zyavhir on Mon May 30, 2016 3:48 am

This should be a good time, she thought. She dispelled her invisibility and roared at the village of unsuspecting Orks. She hurtled her spell at them all. The runes on her scales glowing. Her face snarled in fury.
"Here my voice and obey! You now serve a powerful queen! Behold and bow to Xhar'zyavhir the Majestic Arcane!"
Xhar'zyavhir

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin on Mon May 30, 2016 3:53 am

They were terrified for a few seconds, she had never heard such screams come from Orks before, these were definitely not front line Orks. Thank the gods they were amazing marksman.

It took less than a minute for the Orks of this village to have gathered before her and get on their knees. They did not have the advantage of a Ork leader with a fey heart inside of him. They began to chant her name like it was religious to them now.
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Xhar'zyavhir on Mon May 30, 2016 4:10 am

Ha! It was all too easy! She took in the sound of her name like a sweet nourishing nectar. Which reminded her, she was feeling now, quite famished after a long day of intimiation.
"Well done! Your worship has been noted, and for your devotion, we shall have a feast tonight! Bowmen and spear throwers, report to your commander, Kurgoth, and he shall lead you out on a hunt. Bring back as much as you can carry!
"In the meantime," she continued. She turned to the leader of the previous Sky Breaker clan. "You. I require a temporary lair tonight. What name do you go by, and where may I take shelter? Perhaps a nearby cave, or one of your larger buildings could be hollowed out."
Xhar'zyavhir

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin on Mon May 30, 2016 1:55 pm

Kurgoth and a significantly sized hunting party left the gates of the city, to go bring back a feast for their queen and newly formed army.

A tall, but thin Ork ((by ork standards)) walked to her and said "My name is Rathrrow, the main command tent at the center of the settlement should be large enough for you to claim it as a temporary lair my Queen."
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Xhar'zyavhir on Mon May 30, 2016 2:22 pm

"Lovely." With that, she would trot over to the tent, shuffle anyone out of her way, and enter the tent. Xhar'zyavhir would curl up and lounge in the most comfortable position she could find. She purred in a low grumble.
"Rathrrow, you will report to me. Have everyone begin preparing the fires for cooking. And station ten or so Orks with good eyes as look outs. What skills does your clan have besides archery?"
Xhar'zyavhir

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin on Mon May 30, 2016 2:32 pm

Rathrrow nodded and conveyed the orders to a nearby Ork in Orkish as she gave them, and when she asked that question he turned to her and said "We are the best Ork scouts who aren't loyal to Goreboz, we also have a few men who are know some enough alchemy to make medicine."
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Xhar'zyavhir on Mon May 30, 2016 3:11 pm

"I see."
She watched as the Orks scurried away. She began to lick her talons and clean herself off.
"Your skills may prove useful. Would you be able to create poisons as well?"
Xhar'zyavhir

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin on Mon May 30, 2016 3:12 pm

The Ork shifted slightly and said "Orks usually don't use poison my queen it is an under handed way to kill someone, Orks would rather face someone head on. But yes, I suppose we could craft poisons if we were ordered to do so."
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Xhar'zyavhir on Mon May 30, 2016 3:17 pm

"Then you are commanded to!" she snapped, eyes fierce. "Fear not, Rathrrow. The poison I ask of you is not for underhanded dealings. I have a task that will require every edge we can muster. The poison shall be for coating weapons. I doubt we will be killing anyone in their sleep."

If she was to explore the Underdark, the Orks would have very little chance against the creatures there. Many of the creatures have a resistance to magic, and poisoned weapons would work much more nicely against them.
Xhar'zyavhir

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin on Mon May 30, 2016 3:27 pm

Rathrrow nodded, he looked a bit terrified after her snapping at him like that, but he didn't show it except for in his eyes, he power over him was solid and extensive. "Where are we going that will require us orks to use poison on our weapons?" He seemed actually rather confused, Orks were the strongest race in the world! Why would they need poison? Orks were rather delusional.
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Xhar'zyavhir on Mon May 30, 2016 3:32 pm

She chuckled at his comment. If only you knew. Still, they need not discuss it at length yet.
"It's best you do not know yet. I will discuss it with you and Kurgoth and you strongest warriors tomorrow. Now, leave my presence and tell no one to disturb me unless it is necessary. Or until the hunt returns."

She lay down in a half sleep. Drifting towards dreaming. Exploring as far as she could with her mind. Taking in the sensations of the world.
Xhar'zyavhir

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin on Mon May 30, 2016 3:43 pm

The Ork leader nodded and walked away, letting his Queen rest.

When she drifted off in a half sleep, she could feel the world around her turning, and she could feel just how extensive the changes were since the last time she was awake in this world. She saw flashes of history, humans expanding into sprawling empires, dragon blooded being slaughtered, an elven civil war that literally shattered part of the earth into another plane. So much had happened, and all these races had grown so powerful. Even in the Under Dark, a land where before City States were the only true governments, Drow and ilithid kingdoms that sprawled over large stretches of cavern had cropped up.

Then Kurgoth poked his head into the tent "My Queen, we have returned with enough for a might feast. Axe Beaks, wild horses, a number of other beasts from the plains as well, we will all eat well tonight."
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Xhar'zyavhir on Mon May 30, 2016 3:58 pm

She rose from her contemplation and shook her head awake. "Yes good. Leave two horses and an Axe Beak for me, the rest you may cook and eat. I shall be out shortly."

The changes in the world were vast and startling. No doubt many of the dragons were gone for the other races to have thrived so much. She would have to act fast before the others tried to establish themselves. Xhar'zyavhir knew that she wasn't as strong or big as other dragons of her age. She had her magic, and her wits to help her. And stunning good looks didn't hurt either. The world intrigued her. This rift that the elves created...perhaps there was something linking it to the Abyssal leak. And there was still all this magic in the world. If only she could get her hands on it.

For the time being, she was hungry. She waltzed outside and officially began the festivities. She gobbled up her meal an watched the Orks scurry about, hooting and hollering. They seemed at least more civilized than she remembered but still, they Orks. She longed for the adoration of a more sophisticated race.

As the days events died down, she would place a few protective wards around the village. And bid her new followers a good night. They deserved a rest after today. She promised that as long as they devoted themselves her, great riches and conquest would be theirs. "That should satisfy them," she thought. With that, she returned to her tent and slept.
Xhar'zyavhir

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

View previous topic View next topic Back to top