Lurking in the Shadows

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Lurking in the Shadows

Post by Xhar'zyavhir on Fri May 27, 2016 1:06 am

Xhar'zyavhir had been flying for some days now. She had headed east along the shoreline, flying low so as to not drawn too much attention to herself. Occasionally she would reach her mind out to scan the astral and magical going ons. "Rage loses it usefulness when you sacrifice control," she hummed to herself. "And once you lose control. You lose your power. I did not survive hundreds of years by acting like a buffoon."

Though her rage has subsided, calm would not be the most appropriate word to describe Xhar'zyavhil. The best one could probably hope for is temporarily distracted. Xhar'zyavil had been anxiously scouring the landscape to learn of her new surroundings. As she scanned the new terrain, eyes lusting for knowledge, she muttered her thoughts to herself. "Much has changed since I was gone, and I need to see the current state of the world." She growled and reached out her mind to scan once more. "The Underdark would be the best place to establish myself. It has the most potential, but I'd rather not go gallivanting into unknown chasms just yet. Who knows what could have mutated or changed there..."

She flapped once more and adjusting her course to compensate for the shifting winds.

"The real question is...how many of the dragons were taken?" The thought of other dragons having their way with the world for thousands of years stirred some anger within. Xhar'zyavhir blasted another nearby area with her poisoned breath, decaying the surrounding plants, sending some animals fleeing.

She flew faster.
Xhar'zyavhir

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Lurking in the Shadows

Post by Admin on Fri May 27, 2016 1:19 am

The world has obviously changed a significant amount in her time away from the world. In the area she is in though, she can see a few scattered villages on her fly by but nothing of true significance. These villages seem to be small but the odd thing about them is even though they are small, they have high stone walls. Upon further inspection she would notice that those high walls are the only reason they have survived. Marauding ork and goblin hordes swarmed this area. A significant number of them carried a banner that looked like a spear covered in gore, but smaller groups of goblins and orks held various other banners. Obviously this was on the outer borders of an ork controlled area, where the larger orkish kingdom ((known as a waaaagh she could discover using her mild psychic powers)) had less control.
Admin
Admin

View user profile http://arlia.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Xhar'zyavhir on Fri May 27, 2016 1:33 am

"Blech, orks," She thought. "Not too tasty, nor too smart. Mostly just annoyances. Though it does seem that these groups have mobilized a bit more. The walls are a nice touch."

She assessed the situation and thought that some information was better than none. She picked a smaller looking village which appeared to have a semblance of intelligence and dove down. She launched a spray of venom at the largest group and reached out for their leader's mind, attempting to break all other minds she came into contact with. The runes on her scales gleamed. Her eyes lit up with delight. It felt beyond amazing to relish in her power once more.
Xhar'zyavhir

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin on Fri May 27, 2016 1:43 am

The orks had no idea what was going on, dragons were ancient myths to these Orks, they scattered and ran, screaming and roaring at each other. A few of the braver ones stood and shot a few arrows back at up here trying to stop her. This village had a banner that was two swords and skull forming a jolly roger looking symbol. She wouldn't learn much about the world from this leader, but she would learn about the ork and goblin clans becoming numerous, and how two of them have risen to the status of true empires. Orks and Goblins have become intelligent, brutal, and driven in the time she has been gone. Perhaps making themselves better minions.
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Xhar'zyavhir on Fri May 27, 2016 2:04 am

"BWaHA!"
Xhar'syavhir roared mightily and landed in the village. That seemed enough terror for now. She would stop her onslaught and now establish her control. Their numbers could prove advantageous if she wanted to explore the Underdark or rebuild her former palace. These will do for now.
Her scales flashed as she sent out her mind once more, weaving a powerful spell. A massive hold effect was thrown over the village locking the joints of all within. With a gust of air she bellowed to the hoards, her voice dripping with malice and fear.
"Hear me, vile creatures! I am Xhar'zyavhir! Powerful and beautiful. Magical and Mighty. Hear my voice and tremble. Know my form and cower! You squabble here in your pitiful life, and I can offer you much greater. I can crush mountains. Topple towers. Plague flows from my jaws. Death flows from my glare. But, I can can show you riches and power. Submit your minds to me and follow my command, and you shall be spared of the suffering I bring!"
If all goes well, they would succumb, and their minds would be hers to rule. She would instill fear and love. The only devotion would be to Xhar'zyavhir the Majestic Arcane.
Xhar'zyavhir

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin on Fri May 27, 2016 2:16 am

They would seem to resist for a short time, but being orks their minds would fall quickly to her power, they would all begin bowing and declaring their undying love and allegiance and servitude for the "Mighty and beautiful Xhar'syavhir the majestic arcane.!" Though the leader, an older Ork covered head to toe in thick heavy armor, with oddly green shining eyes would step forward from his main tent and bellow in a loud voice at her.

"You may have broken my clans but you will not break me! I am leader of this clan the Black Hooks, and I would rather be destroyed than bow before some overgrown purple lizard!" It's a shame he wasn't bowing, he seemed smart.
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Xhar'zyavhir on Fri May 27, 2016 4:18 pm

Very interesting...
"I've never met an Ork who thought it wise to defy a dragon!" Xhar'zyavhir noticed his glowing eyes and her curiosity was piqued. There was something very unnatural here if he was strong enough to resist mind magic. Let's see what is going on.
Xhar'zyavhil spoke with a chilling voice that lingered like poison.
"Yet without a clan, I'm afraid you have nothing to lead. You are much different than the others. You resisted my attacks, and now have the courage to stand up to me. Well, you have made me curious. I shall not attack you, nor enslave you, Ork. We could even arrange for the return of your troops. All I ask is to talk."
Xhar'zyavhir

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin on Fri May 27, 2016 4:24 pm

The ork snarled slightly but grunted with a nod "As much as I hate the idea of treating with a beast, it's pretty obvious you can kill me pretty quickly with those claws of yours. Fine, we can talk." It was very obvious he hated every word of what he just said, he was an Ork with pride, and he had to bring himself so low as to use diplomacy.
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Xhar'zyavhir on Fri May 27, 2016 4:35 pm

"Very wise."
Xhar'zyavhil sat down lounging at the villages gates. Her eyes do not move from the Ork. She makes no attempt now to enchant her words, or use any magic. In fact she keeps her mind closed off and closely guarded, searching the Ork's face to see if he betrays any of his thoughts physically.
"I respect a being who knows their limits. Now, you obviously know my name. But I do not know yours. That hardly seems fair."
Xhar'zyavhir

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin on Fri May 27, 2016 4:41 pm

The only thoughts that his body betrayed was how much he would love to kill her, if he had the power to do so, be he did not. So he simply sat down on the steps to his command tent and ground his teeth slightly, then said with much pride. "My name is Kurgoth BlackHook, a former general of Goreboz and leader of the BlackHook clan."
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Xhar'zyavhir on Fri May 27, 2016 4:48 pm

"The BlackHooks! Sounds fearsome enough..."
She gave a small yawn and stretched out her tail. A few kinks from flying so long.
"Now I've been away for some time now. So if you'll entertain me, Kurgoth, who is this Goreboz, and why are you his former general?
Xhar'zyavhir

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin on Fri May 27, 2016 5:04 pm

He sighed heavily and said with a twinge of rage in his face "Goreboz is leader of the largest waaaagh in this world....Us orks use our war cry and roar as a name for our claimed lands." He explained because it confused most other races. "I am a former general because I am a powerful and true ork warrior, I will never be satisfied working for another Ork. So i took my clan and made this settlement, to try and create my own great WAAAAAGH!" He pounded a fist one his chest twice when he roared WAAAGH at the end there.
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Xhar'zyavhir on Fri May 27, 2016 5:22 pm

Hmm. Well this is all very interesting and and noble. Typical Ork behavior. It would seem that the Orks have multiplied since I was gone. With now one to eat them, it's no wonder they've expanded. But this still does not explain how he has been able to resist me earlier.

"Ah, then you and I are more alike than I realized, Kurgoth. You see I too am unhappy with being ruled over. And, like you, I am making my own settlement. We have much in common, from our temper and natural right to rule," She gazes at him, "Right down to our eyes." She blows a puff of smoke out of her nostrils.
"But I digress, it would seem to me, that you do not care much for your old master, no?"
Xhar'zyavhir

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin on Fri May 27, 2016 5:43 pm

He would shake his head "No i don't like him very much at all." He said sarcastically "I hate him. He wants to actually treat with humans and elves! To establish himself as a real 'empire' he says. He is no Ork in my eyes anymore."
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Xhar'zyavhir on Fri May 27, 2016 8:28 pm

So they have become an empire. That will be something to look out for. It seems the Orks have been getting a bit smarter since I last knew them.
"Certainly not. No respectable Ork I know, would ever think of negotiating with humans! Or Elves for that matter. Now, Kurgoth, do you know why I stopped attacking your village?" Xhar'zyavhir sat up in a more alert position. Let's see if we can't get him on our side.
"It was because I saw something in you, Kurgoth. I saw a fire in your spirit. You're not like the Orks I have seen before. You hold about you an old power. I have not seen an Ork like you in over a thousand years. Why you were even able to brush off my psychic attacks with ease! I can only imagine what you must have done to rise to your new heights. Tell me now, how in the world, did you manage to achieve so much on your own?"
Xhar'zyavhir

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin on Fri May 27, 2016 9:50 pm

It actually seemed to be working, he was smart for an Ork but telling him how fiery his spirit was and telling him that his is such a powerful example of his kind, that got him immediately. He smirked and chuckled "I have to admit it isn't completely on my own. I was in a hunting party years ago, and we stumbled into a forest connected with the fey wild. When we were there we were attacked by a primordial fey spirit. I killed it, and ate it's heart. Now I am stronger than most of my kind."
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Xhar'zyavhir on Sun May 29, 2016 4:12 pm

"A planar Ork! That's not something you see everyday!" She snorted. "Well, now that is truly impressive. You have my praise, Kurgoth."
She moved closer to him choosing to speak more directly, now that her curiosity has been satiated.
"Now, on to business. We are in a sticky situation here. I have expressed a desire in you and your troops, and you have expressed a desire in keeping them. I will propose an option. I can help you to dominate other clans, and perhaps even take a few swings at this Goreboz...in exchange, you agree to follow me and aid me in my own endeavors of conquering. The goblins and Orks we recruit may be under you control so long as you return my favors."
Xhar'zyavhir

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin on Sun May 29, 2016 4:21 pm

((oh shit waddup))

He thought for a moment and then said "Well, I was never interested in serving another ork, but you are no Ork. I can see myself under a dragon queen. Yes, me and my Black Hook clan will serve you faithfully! There is nothing me and my clan can't kill" He said with a wide toothy fanged smile and raised a fist in an Orkish salute.
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Xhar'zyavhir on Sun May 29, 2016 4:34 pm

"Excellent! You have made a smart decision this day." Her scales began to glow as she charged a spell.
"Now, I like things to be bit more formal. Since you are an Ork of your word, I'm sure you won't mind binding your word into a spell. Just as a precaution. A Geas spell. You are bound to serve and answer to me, in exchange for my help of bringing you to rule. If you deny me, then a curse shall befall on you. And of course the same goes for me."
She was, of course, lying about the last part. The geas spell would only affect the one it is cast on and she would be under no obligation to the Ork. However, Xhar'zyavhil carefully choose not to divulge this information.
Xhar'zyavhir

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin on Sun May 29, 2016 4:37 pm

The Ork nodded "Seems like a fair spell, and a fair contract. We will make each other stronger, or we will be cursed and felled. Seems like a very straight forward deal." He stood up and stepped forward, he was ready for the spell. He was completely taken in by the lies she spun to him, since Orks were not familiar with strategic lying, he had no way of knowing.
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Xhar'zyavhir on Sun May 29, 2016 4:46 pm

"Excellent. You are much more intelligent than the Orks I've met before. Stay still for a moment."
Xhar'zyavhil rears back, and her scales flash as she releases the Geas spell, chanting in an arcane voice.
"Si bind wux jaka, ekess nomeno geth. voenllyl sia beck vur meage halkvri marfedelom!"
The Ork would glow blue. He would get no chance to resist. The spell would bind him to obey her commands or suffer a curse of pain and sickness for as long as he resisted.
Xhar'zyavhir

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin on Sun May 29, 2016 4:49 pm

The ork would be a little uncomfortable with how the spell felt, but he would deal with it, he made this deal and it is time for him to serve his new ruler with power and diligence. He bowed on one knee and said "I will serve you well my queen, what are your orders for the Black Hook clan?"
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Xhar'zyavhir on Sun May 29, 2016 5:57 pm

"Marvelous" She purred with delight at herself. He suspects nothing. Orks are so stupid it's hardly even fair. This one will do nicely. Perhaps they could even act as cushion for my return to the Underdark.
"Now, we should work on increasing your clan, yes? What tribes are nearby? And where is this Goreboz's territory?"
Xhar'zyavhir

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin on Mon May 30, 2016 1:47 am

"There are a number of tribes close by, all a bit smaller than mine. You have the War Hammer clan, the Fire Kin clan, and the Sky Breaker clan. The War Hammers are known for their brute strength, the Fire Kin are magic users though there aren't many of them as magic is looked down on among Orks, and the Sky Breakers are the best marksman in the area. Technically we are sitting on the edge of his territory right now."
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Xhar'zyavhir on Mon May 30, 2016 2:23 am

"Hmm, the Sky Breakers will prove the most useful..." The magic users would be no match for the Underdark. Yet extra spellcasters are always welcome.
"Are the Fire Kin skilled at their magic?"
Xhar'zyavhir

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum