View previous topic View next topic Go down

Xhar'zyavhir

Post by Xhar'zyavhir on Thu May 26, 2016 4:08 pm

Name: Xhar'zyavhir
Species: Hex Dragon
Breath Weapon: A line of venom
Alignment: Neutral Evil

“I had felt it…I must have.”

Amidst the sculpted walls of ancient hallways and ebony thrones, there sits a lone figure. Her scales grind against the dusted floor as she raises her head. She is lounging atop a grand throne crafted from a jet black stone. Mystical runes are etched into the ground. Around her are great pillars supporting the ceiling of the chasm. She sits in the center of a grand temple constructed deep underground. No light shines here, and in the darkness her scales appear as black as night.

“This place was once a den of worship. And I was their queen. But…”

No voices fill this temple. All spells and enchantments have long faded. There were once many who lived here, and dedicate their lives to her. Now only the echoes of distant monsters occasionally sound her. Cobwebs have covered the engravings on the walls. The pillars have eroded and clay now dusts the floor. The ceiling, collapsing under its own weight. The temple sits dilapidated and decrepit. Countless years of neglect have relinquished her home to time’s greedy maw. Slowly, her mind returns to her body.

“I remember this place. I sat here, on this throne. The dark elven cult was mine to command. They built this for me. But then…my body-no my spirit…my being was pulled from this world. I was ripped out of time! The same time that took my temple.”

She sees the years go by. She sees the faces of her confused followers slowly leave. She sees the lights die, and the temple forgotten. And she sees her own legacy fade so small, that no memory of her is left in this world.

“Hundreds of years of careful planning wasted! How!? I was to rule the lands of the Underdark. My magic was growing, my influence was taking shape and now, no one remembers my name! I am the majestic and mighty Xhar’zyavhir!”

A spark grows inside of her. The runes engraved in her scales from birth begin to glow a faint blue. Then, they shine. Then, they burn with a passion she has not felt for an age. She rears back and claws her way out of the temple. Her muscles have not been touched by the decay of time. Scurrying through the narrow caves she makes her way down a familiar path, hoping her destination still exists. The magical runes of her scales light the way. Sure enough she finds it. The faint glow of the setting sun makes its way through an exit in the cave. Xhar’zyavhir bursts through the hole, a cave by the shore. Stretching her bat like wings once more, she flies across the sea and up into the cool air.
At once she extends her thought to the corners of the world, eager to know. Her mind hears voices unknown, and sees cities where there were none. “The world tastes different,” she thinks. She sees many things with her mind’s eye. He mind is pulled to the north feeling a tear in the fabric of reality. The strange and dangerous abyssal energy is leaking into this world. As she scans the new reality, her consciousness is bombarded by a presence so massive like she has never felt before.

"Something…immensely magical. So powerful, seemingly infinite and yet…untapped. The world has changed. Time has been busy."

A rage now stirred within, Xhar’zyavhir. She felt cheated out of her destiny. And someone will pay. She descends and releases a jet of horrid venom from her mouth, eroding the rocky landscape. Her needle sharp teeth gleaming in the sun’s warm light. Her scales illuminate to reveal a beautiful purple, deep and rich. The runes on her scales burn brightly and she soars across the sea.

“I will find new followers, I will rise to power once more. My magic will grow stronger than before. None shall stand in my way, and I will never again be banished to obscurity. I am Xhar’zyavhir and time shall not swallow me!”

Xhar'zyavhir

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Xhar'zyavhir

Post by Xhar'zyavhir on Sun Jul 31, 2016 11:39 pm

test
Xhar'zyavhir

View user profile

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum