((Caeriadne)) Ripples in the Night Sky

Page 3 of 10 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Re: ((Caeriadne)) Ripples in the Night Sky

Post by Admin on Thu Jul 21, 2016 11:45 pm

"Caeriadne...please, I am not sure you're ready to hear what I have to tell you.."
Admin
Admin

View user profile http://arlia.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Caeriadne on Thu Jul 21, 2016 11:51 pm

Caeriadne let a long, hard moment of silence fall. She made no response, save for a fixed and pointed stare, and decided to see what he would follow up with - if anything.
Caeriadne

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin on Thu Jul 21, 2016 11:52 pm

He sighed and nodded "Fine, can we at least go somewhere private? No prying eyes or ears anywhere?"
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Caeriadne on Thu Jul 21, 2016 11:56 pm

"Fine." She gestured back to the city hall, now empty, and let Raziel take the lead. She was fully aware that if she had accidentally uncovered something she wasn't supposed to, this could be exactly the type of situation that she had found herself in before. She kept her focus peaked and didn't take her eyes off him. She was sharply suspicious and allowed no room for lenience now.
Caeriadne

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin on Thu Jul 21, 2016 11:57 pm

Once they got into the room he sat down and sighed "Ok...well. How much do you know about the prison plane we were all trapped inside of? I assume not much at all but I want to know."
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Caeriadne on Fri Jul 22, 2016 12:00 am

"I'm assuming that means you know more than most." She paused, weighing her next words. She leaned against the back of her chair, choosing not to sit for the time being. "I know that life was going on as usual, and then I was ripped from this plane and left to wither in some forsaken place for centuries. I don't remember much. Enlighten me."
Caeriadne

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin on Fri Jul 22, 2016 12:04 am

He nodded and said "Well, there wasn't much to it. A big infinite plane like most others, but gray and brown, featureless and pretty much just awful. The thing most people don't know is that the spell was bound to three physical things. The three dragon gods Tiamat, Seridior, and Bahumut. So if they went, the spell would break. So, long story short...I killed them. Me and the other Lapis dragons, that's why you see me alone in the night sometimes, I'm not always scrying, I'm remembering my people. I'm one of the last five." He paused to let her take that in, before continuing on.
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Caeriadne on Fri Jul 22, 2016 12:07 am

"You killed them," she repeated flatly and with some measure of disbelief. She let the words sink in for a few moments. "Raziel, I have no reason to think you're stringing me along with this. But, honestly. How would you expect me to believe that?" She tried to soften her tone just a bit, but it didn't work very well. She must have sounded bitter, if not angry, but she kept her voice steady.
Caeriadne

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin on Fri Jul 22, 2016 12:17 am

He smiled and sighed, shaking his head slightly "I don't expect you to believe me. I didnt lead my people in god slaying just to be some hero. I don't care about people beleiving me. I cared about the dragons being free again. I cared about my people...who trusted me. Sadly, as I said, most are gone." A small tear welled up in his eye but it didn't fall "That's my fault, and I will live with it for the rest of my life. But every single dragon alive now, and born till this world ends...will be free because of what I did." He sighed one more time, this time a tear did fall.

"There was a catch. A catch made by the people who imprisoned us. Dragons are basically selfish, always have been, always will be. They put their own lives ahead of others, it's a generalization I know, but it holds pretty true. The catch was that a third of the dragon population would be wiped out, and the other two thirds set free, OR the dragon who managed to actually land the killing blow on all three dragon gods, could stay. I was lucky to get this form as compensation from the prison plane...Funny isn't it? I, a dragon, one of the most selfish beings in the world chose to save his people instead of himself. I'm the only one I couldn't save."

He seemed entirely honest, he didn't have the look of someone joking, and his whole persona, seemed have melted away to show a rather sad, broken, and yet proud man.
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Caeriadne on Fri Jul 22, 2016 12:21 am

She rested her hands on her hips as different undertones of emotions played over her stoic expression. "Show me," she offered. "Your memories are strong. If what you say is true, then I need to know all of it."
Caeriadne

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin on Fri Jul 22, 2016 12:23 am

He nodded "Hey, you're the one with psionics, I won't stop you, my mind is open for you my dear Sapphire friend" He said with a small smile, he was trying to keep himself in his happy go lucky personality, it seemed to be comforting to him.
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Caeriadne on Fri Jul 22, 2016 12:24 am

She hesitated to try and probe his mind, fully aware that it could be a trap of some sort. She advanced cautiously, making a mental check for any hidden trickeries first.
Caeriadne

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin on Fri Jul 22, 2016 12:26 am

As he said, his mind was completely open, nothing was there to ensnare her or trap her in anyway. She would get a basic sense of truthfulness from him, and emotions being bottled up and restrained. But nothing sinister, she could delve further.
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Caeriadne on Fri Jul 22, 2016 12:28 am

After careful deliberation, she proceeded. She knew that even if the memories were open to her, their contents may be rather powerful if what Raziel said held any semblance of truth. Nonetheless, she reached out for them, all the while staying conscious of any psionic deception or false memory.
Caeriadne

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin on Fri Jul 22, 2016 4:50 pm

As she entered his mind she would see memories flashing, memories of death, chaos, and what looked like full scale war, but also memories of peace, tranquility, small brief flickers of happiness..but those were all much older, and so far away.

The images stopped and finally she could see beyond them, to see a truly coherent memory, she could watch now, like one would watch a play or a performance.

There were two dragons, one was smaller and had eyes like amethyst, his scales glittering blue and purple in whatever light this hellish plane cast. Even though he was smaller than the other dragon before her, he was in no measure small. He was at least her size, if not slightly larger. She may have thought it was Raziel, until she saw the second one.

The second dragon was much larger than the first, and stood resolute and powerful, his wings were outstretched and beginning to fold back up as if he just landed there and she could see how brilliantly blue his scales glittered. There was some purple, obviously as this was a Lapis dragon, but it was mostly blue, blue sort of akin to Raziel's hair. Then she would see his eyes, deep and vibrant blue, she couldn't mistake them. This large, imposing, powerful form...was Raziel. The sarcastic, annoying, trickster she knew, was the large, powerful dragon, whose form itself commanded a level of respect.

They looked to be talking for a bit, their voices were far away and faded, until they suddenly came into focus.

“Raziel! Even if we could...killing the gods!? You expect us to kill our gods!?”

“There is no other choice! The dragon gods are the binding for the spell, if we don't get rid of them the entire dragon race will be stuck in this hell forever! We have to save them! The world needs dragons!”

“Raziel...how do you know this is the right path? What if this is just a trick? Evidence planted by the people who imprisoned us?”

“Because I know magic, and I know when I see a trick, and this wasn't one. This was the real thing, big spells like this require a loophole, a way to be broken that can be found. That stone must have been at least part of the catalyst. It said when 'the three great Lords of Scale are felled by one of their own, the prison will shatter' that has to mean if we kill the three dragon gods, we will be free!”

The smaller dragon let out a deep sigh “I will gather the rest of our race Raziel...if you promise to lead us in this, we will follow.”

Raziel nodded “I will lead our people to victory, I will save us, and the rest of dragon kind. I swear it to you.”

The other dragon took off and flew away, presumably to go and gather the other Lapis dragons. Raziel stayed there and simply looked around. He sighed to himself and looked into the distance, his eyes glazed slightly, he was scrying. She saw images flash by his mind of other dragons, some sleeping, some fighting, some simply so depressed they didn't bother moving. She saw a crippled blue roaring with rage, a cobalt dragon looking around shouting a name in sad desperation...then she saw a lonely sapphire. Then the scrying stopped and he laid down and rested is head. “Don't worry my friends...I will save everyone.”

The next images flashed by quickly, but she got the idea that he was convincing a huge crowd of lapis dragons to go to war with the three deities of all dragon kind. A female dragon seemed to be helping him, she was a bit smaller than him but not by much, and she somehow knew her name was Iphelia, and she was his mate. They had been together for over two hundred years, and were madly in love, something rather rare in dragon kind.

One of the other Lapis dragons near the front of the crowd asked “How do we kill a dragon god!? They are nearly invulnerable in their dragon forms, and it's not like they will agree to a human form duel. They aren't idiots!”

Raziel nodded “I know, I have devised a spell that will force the change on them, I call it Crown Rend. The spell will push them into their human form, so we can dispatch them much easier...but it will still be difficult.”

After some more convincing and quite a bit of back and forth, the dragon crowd finally agreed, roaring their agreement, this whole race of dragons had agreed to go to war against the gods themselves. Their first target...was Tiamat.

Fire. Ice. Acid. Posion and Lightning...and Death. So much death. Lapis dragons were falling left and right, they were attacking the five headed Chromatic Dragon Goddess herself, and it seemed this would be more than an uphill fight. So many of them were falling.

“Fools! Weaklings! You dare challenge the Chromatic Goddess herself!? FALL PUNY WYRMS!”

She roared in rage as all of her mouths opened, sending beams of her breath weapons roaring out towards the advancing hordes of Lapis Dragons...So many fell.

But they managed to use that moment to get closer, they were finally within striking range, and so many Lapis dragons were swooping down at her, using their odd energy based breath weapons, tearing at her scales with claws. Tiamat's head's sweeping around, huge jaws snapping at them. Raziel began reciting a spell

crown jikmada ithquent ekess mablik, wielg de ingowil vur xkhat sart vur plythu, erlelee wer sulta, crown-” He stopped, his eyes wide in horror.

Iphelia was caught in the jaws of Tiamat's green head, and just after giving him one last glance, he heard a loud sickening crunch, and half of her body fell to the ground, as the green head swallowed the other half.

His face twisted in rage and he started the spell again, roaring it as he began diving straight towards Tiamat “CROWN JIKMADA ITHQUENT EKESS MABLIK WIELG DE INGOWIL VUR XKHAT SART VUR PLYTHU ERLELEE WER SULTA CROWN SHIRR!

Tiamat's eyes went wide and in a blast of energy she appeared as human woman about six feet tall with long black hair and eyes as black as a starless night. She was wearing very little and it was obvious human men would fawn all over her, something Tiamat was rather infamous for finding rather amusing. As he was plummeting towards her, Caeriadne would sense Raziel changing as well, but of his own volition. He turned into the human form she knew so well, the long blue hair waving in the wind as he plummeted to the ground, his vibrant happy eyes clouded with tears and rage. He roared before slamming into the ground, Tiamat barely jumping out of the way. There was a rather large crater where he landed, and blue energy swirled around him as he locked eyes with the confused dragon goddess.

“What have you done to me you lapis fool!? You can't kill me! I am a dragon goddess! One of the Goddesses of all dragon species! You can't do this!”

A feral growl erupted from Raziel's throat and a guttural voice erupted from it, in an loud, hateful roar “Die”

He launched forward at her with a blade of energy forming in his right hand, that she barely managed to block with her own. Raziel was relentless slashing and jabbing at her every opportunity she gave, Tiamat was in a constant state of moving back and back, on the run from this rage filled Lapis dragon.

Raziel jumped backwards and opened his mouth, letting a stream of blue and purple energy erupt from it straight at her, she put both her hands up and turned her head, blocking the stream of energy, when it ended she threw her hands down and looked at where Raziel had been standing “Foolish wyrm! Did you really think-” Her tirade was cut off when she notice he was no longer there, and when she felt her flesh tearing and searing.

She looked down and clawed hand, partially covered in blue and purple scales was sticking out of her chest, holding her beating heart. She coughed, and sputtered blood beginning to pour from her mouth and the wound. “Y-you...how...” She started to scream as her own magic began to rip her body apart, fire, lightning and ice trusting out of her pores and eyes, her body disintegrating before Raziel.

After a few minutes she was gone, and Raziel stood there, his arm covered in the blood of one of Dragon Kind's gods...their first target was dead. Next was their own god, Sardior.
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Caeriadne on Fri Jul 22, 2016 5:23 pm

Caeriadne's eyes shimmered as she watched the scene play out before her like some otherworldly stage-play. She struggled for words, but decided to stay silent and maintain her concentration. There was so much more that she would see...needed to see.
Caeriadne

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin on Fri Jul 22, 2016 7:52 pm

Tiamat was felled by the pure rage and hate that had been released in Raziel, his beloved of two hundred years, Iphelia, was dead. She had been murdered in the most brutal way right before his eyes, and he couldn't let go of his anger and sadness even after he ripped out the heart of that chromatic goddess. His next mark, was the Gem Dragon God, Sardior.

The Lapis Dragons were hesitant, they had lost so many fighting one god, did they want to fight another? But Raziel would have none of this, none of their fear, none of their sentimentality towards their god. If he truly cared, he would let them kill him for the good of all gem dragons, and dragon kind in general. So the Lapis followed Raziel, who had long since returned to his Dragon Form. His shine, slightly dulled.

Sardior had used his god like power to erect a mountain in this featureless hell scape, a mountain that had slowly turned into a Ruby spike jutting out of the ground. The Lapis dragons slowly surrounded it and prepared to fight, if it came to that. Raziel was at their lead and landed about half way up to the entrance to this massive ruby construct and shouted “King of Gems, Sardior! I am Raziel, a Lapis Dragon. To break us free, I have come to-”

He was cut off by a booming voice “I know why you have come my children, and it does sadden me to see how you have fallen. Believing such on obvious lie...The dragon gods themselves, the binding agent to this infernal prison plane? But I see why you would believe it, and cling to such hope. I do not wish to kill you my mislead children. But I will not sit idly by here and let you kill me. I have never done anything to harm you, I have always done what is best for our people, I will not allow a group of mislead and desperate dragons ruin that legacy. So if I must kill, I will...”

Sardior emerged from the mountain, his bright ruby scales glistening in the light, shining like a bright red sun in this bleak, dark world. “Well then, come forth children of the Lapis! COME FORWARD!” He roared and reared back, a cone of force pushing forward from his open jaws throwing Raziel back.

“As you wish Lord Sardior. Attack!” Raziel roared in a loud commanding tone.

The Lapis dragons leaped into action flying forwards at him with hesitant claws and breath weapons not pushed tot heir fullest. Sardior took advantage of this, and with a forlorn look in his eyes made quick work of the first wave who made it to him, with fire, and light, and ruby claws.

“Is this what you wanted, Raziel, leader of this Lapis rebellion? To bring your people ruin?” He shouted, with a voice full of sadness and tinted with anger.

Raziel bounded up the mountain and tackled the Ruby, taking him off guard. “I am a dragon, to me, 'my people' is every single dragon trapped in this realm! I will fall if need be to bring them freedom!” He brought a claw down to Sardior's chest, trying to injure him or distract him long enough to cast his spell. But Sardior saw through this ploy and easily took the attack, knowing that Raziel couldn't break through his scales.

Sardior pushed him off with a roar and smiled “Such a generous thing for a dragon to say, you are a rather unique breed of dragons. Too bad you have brought yourselves to ruin!” A blast of fire was unleashed as he yelled, engulfing Raziel's left arm, scorching it raw red, the scales themselves were mostly gone. Caeriadne would now remember something she had seen but not paid any mind to before, Raziel's left sleeve was longer than the right, and he wore a glove, cover that hand.

Raziel stumbled backwards and roared in pain, but after taking a moment, he managed to look up and unleash his own breath weapon, which Sardior basically ignored as he continued defending himself from the other Lapis Dragons.

Many more were killed, so few remained now after hours of battle. Sardior was tired, stricken with sadness over the deaths of so many Gems.

“Why don't you just leave!? I don't want this, but can't you see, I can not allow myself to be killed! I am a god! Gem dragons worship me, look up to me, if I die, where will they look to!?” He roared looking down on the few remain Lapis Dragons, with a battered and beaten Raziel standing defiantly at their head.

“They will look to others, and to freedom, Sardior.” A voice echoed from a top the ruby mountain. All the Gems looked to the new comer. An elf, with eyes like a shining brilliant silver sun, and hair like the purest platinum. He wore glowing silver plate armor covered with robes of the purest white, and at his side was a long broad sword, made of gleaming powerful steel.

Sardior looked up at him confused “Bahumut?”
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Caeriadne on Fri Jul 22, 2016 10:09 pm

Caeriadne shook forth from the vision for a moment. Her mind was weary from being carried forth into such graphic and vivid depictions of her comrades' darkest hours. How had she not known all of this? Why had all of the Lapis dragons acted alone, without even the other gems having been aware? It was all too much to handle without a short respite from the psionic link with Raziel, and she drew her mind back and caught her balance on the back of the council chamber chair. She had laid eyes upon all the glory and terror of the gods, as if she was right there alongside them.

"Raziel, svabol tepoha wux authot..." Her words came out half-breathlessly. She looked up at him for a moment, braced herself, and then allowed the vision to renew itself and continue.
Caeriadne

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin on Sat Jul 30, 2016 9:51 pm

"svabol si tepohada ekess tir, Caeriadne..."
_______

“So...this is true? That's what you're trying to tell me Bahumut?”

The platinum nodded “Yes, sadly it is. The people who imprisoned us were intelligent, they knew that dragons would normally be too frightened of us to try and kill us, and knew if they tried, we wouldn't hesitate to kill to defend ourselves. They preyed off of draconic selfishness and our strong instinct for self preservation to keep us locked in here for two thousand years. But these Lapis Dragons...they were unselfish and took it upon themselves to do what I should have done long ago."

Sardior sighed "I don't know if I can let this happen Bahumut..."

Bahumut walked to Sardior and put a hand on his shoulder "You have to...we have to." He knelt down before Raziel and nodded "Do it, free our people." He bowed his head, offering it up to Raziel.

Raziel didn't know what to say, so he breathed in deeply and prepared to bring his sword down "My lord, your sacrifice will be forgotten be the Lapis Dragons, songs will be sung about your sacrifice."

And with one final smile from the Platinum god of justice, Raziel brought down his sword. The release of power come through much less violently as it did with Tiamat, just pushing him back a few feet as it flowed into him. He was so close to freeing his people now, so close to the freedom he craved, and he knew everyone else craved.

Sardior knelt and sighed "Promise me something, Raziel."

Raziel prepared his sword to strike but nodded "What is my Lord?"

"Promise me you will protect our people as best you can. Find someone who can show the world dragons aren't all to fear. Find someone who can make all the wrongs right... or at least who can set us on that path. Will you do that for me son of Lapis?"

Raziel nodded "I will do my best, my lord Sardior."

Sardior smiled and closed his eyes "Than I can rest knowing our people will be in good hands at the very least...Thank you Raziel."

And then with one final and decisive slash, it was over. He had the power to break the binding spell.
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Caeriadne on Sat Jul 30, 2016 11:42 pm

Recoiling from the sheer force of what she had just seen, Caeriadne shook her head and her body trembled a bit.

"Wer ithquenti re loex. batobot ui kii yth re duulo." She took a deep breath, staring off into the distance. "Svabol jaka? Svabol ui wer treskri confnir ekess?" Turning to Raziel, she let her eyes fix onto his intently. She knew it was that inexorable truth of the destruction of gods that had brought Raziel onto his quest - and perhaps, though she was reluctant to acknowledge it, had caused their paths to cross now that the bonds of the prison had been broken. There was more to this tragedy of eons than either of them knew.
Caeriadne

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin on Sun Jul 31, 2016 1:10 am

Raziel didn't seem to have an answer for her, just a small smile and a slightly defeated sigh. "si mi ti jaunus svaklar yth gethrisj de tenpiswo, si tepoha saved udoka, shar si tepoha vsist murdered hesi ithquenti...the tisvelkilti youwe vi darastrix tiliw tir. sjek wux tuor ve ekess jaseve, sjek wux tir ti tuor ekess ocuir anymore di nomeno, sjek wux tir ti tuor ekess ocuir ve....i geou kampiun vur tiichi dout huvenic."
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Caeriadne on Sun Jul 31, 2016 2:00 am

She shook her head. "Thric, Raziel. Wux re ilroevi svaklar wux rigluin ekess qe." Still in a state of shock, her words came even more carefully and decisively than usual. "Tir tikil di wer lyriki vucot sjerit? Re wux tokeq?"
Caeriadne

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin on Sun Jul 31, 2016 2:13 am

"pamon else vucotic svabol si mi, usv svabol si tira kiwor ihk wux. tagoa si enel wux, throdenilt loupon si enel throdenilti xiekivi. wer lyrik lapis darastrixi...i tiliw ti dronilnr astahi spical sari nomeno, ti ghent svabol si tora di astahi."
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Caeriadne on Sun Jul 31, 2016 2:38 am

"Nomeno geou vehafor denthanus huena astahii shio vucot. Wer balance batobot wer ithquenti naktada..." She trailed off for a few moments before continuing. "Mobi geou qe rygat. Mobi geou qe struggles ihk vers. Rinovup ir di udoka geou tuor ekess carve, gix vi z'ar godhood, vi z'ar legacy...mobi geou qe aryte, Raziel."

She leaned on the back of the chair, bowing her head in thought. She took a few minutes to recompose herself as she calmed the thoughts racing in her mind. "This...significantly changes things. I wish you had told me sooner, but I understand why. We have to control this information very carefully. Are all of us awake again, now?"
Caeriadne

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin on Sun Jul 31, 2016 5:04 am

Raziel nodded silently at her first statements, but nodded and spoke when she asked her question "Yes, the only dragon still in the prison world is my body, and the only reason I know that is because my powers still come from it. But yes, every dragon except those who died within the prison world of course, are back on Arlia."
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 3 of 10 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top