((Caeriadne)) Ripples in the Night Sky

Page 2 of 10 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Re: ((Caeriadne)) Ripples in the Night Sky

Post by Caeriadne on Thu Jul 07, 2016 9:22 pm

She leaned back against the wall casually, loosely crossing her arms as she gazed off. She noted Raziel's dose of self-discipline. The sun was falling rapidly, throwing out its last rays, and she decided that there was no more to discuss between the two of them for now.

"Tomorrow we will bring this before the council. I'd like to have you there. For now..." She turned once to look at him. "Good night, Raziel." She then turned, somewhat abruptly, and started to walk back for the city hall.
Caeriadne

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin on Thu Jul 07, 2016 9:33 pm

Raziel raised and eyebrow and looked rather surprised "You want me on your council huh? Well thats rather surprising Caeriadne...I will be there tomorrow, when exactly do the meeting hap-" She he walked away at that point "Hmm...well that'll be a fun guess."

The next day when the council would meet, Raziel would be late, by twenty minutes.
Admin
Admin

View user profile http://arlia.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Caeriadne on Wed Jul 13, 2016 9:08 pm

She didn't bother correcting that this wasn't actually an appointment to the council, just an invitation to this particular meeting. He probably already knew that, and was just trying to push her buttons. Again.

Caeriadne had just finished explaining the situation at length when Raziel entered. She had expected him to be fashionably late, and accordingly she did not allow his entrance to make any fuss. She simply gestured to an open chair that had been waiting for him and continued without pause.

"So, as you can see, this is not an imminent threat but most certainly needs to be addressed with caution in case our hospitality is not sufficient. I would like your input." She made an open gesture, glancing around the table to listen to whoever would speak.
Caeriadne

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin on Thu Jul 14, 2016 12:25 am

Huo Long spoke up "There hasn't been a dragon in Arlia for nearly two thousand years, longer some people say. If this Darilith is as powerful as you say the only ones among us here equipped to deal with him are you, Silus, and I suppose this man who has remained rather mysterious. Besides attempting to keep him happy and nonviolent I don't think there is much else any of us could do."

Before any one else could speak up Raziel did and said "Yea the tiefling is right...what's your name demon blood?"

Huo Long blinked and said "Huo Long, who are you?" He asked a bit irritated.

"Oh me? My name is Raziel, I'm not sure what else I can say about me. Caeriadne, what can I tell these fine gentleman and gentle-ladies, Hm? I don't want to over step in your grand council." She could tell he was prodding her, obviously, but also prodding them, seeing what they would do when someone disrespected their Queen. It would, from a tactical mind, seem as if he was testing loyalty. So far since he hadn't done or said anything too annoying people just looked at him rather unhappily.
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Caeriadne on Thu Jul 14, 2016 8:26 am

"Raziel," she responded bitingly at his address to Huo Long, "you'll not speak to members of my council in such a way, just as I would not allow it towards you. You are a guest here and I expect that level of respect to be mutual."

She let a few moments of harsh silence fall as she gathered her next words. She had hoped to postpone the explanation of Raziel himself, but now she knew that any attempts at diplomatic subtlety on her part were futile in the face of this outright saboteur of social tact and grace. This was, quite possible, the worst time to introduce another dragon in their midst. But at last, she decided that there was no substitute for honesty with her council and there would be nothing to gain from underhanded sneaking around the fact. Besides, Silus and Korrok were already aware, and it was only fair that the rest should know too. She chose to be honest now instead of regretting it later.

"Raziel is a Lapis dragon. He made himself known to me a short while ago and I allowed him to stay here as a guest. He later told me of Darilith, and we have him to thank for bringing this information to our attention. He is telling the truth and has done us a great kindness by informing us." She gave a sharp glance to Raziel in contrast of her favorable introduction as if to say, you're welcome, now shut up and let me handle this.
Caeriadne

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin on Thu Jul 14, 2016 3:16 pm

Raziel smiled brightly as she introduced him and he bowed for a moment almost like a performer who had just finished an act. When she gave him that look it was rather obvious he stiffled a laugh and immediately replaced with a serious look and a quick nod, but even that looked like it was just a way to keep for laughing a bit. No matter the situation, it was obvious he was going to joke around about it.

Lancaster spoke next "Well, if he's here to help and you invited him...then I guess we have to be ok with his presence. I do have to say though, I thought dragons were solitary creatures? Inviting another one to stay with us is a bit odd I'd think...But that's besides the point. This damnable blue dragon you speak about, Derilth was his name?"

Orothon sighed "Darilith..."

Lancaster nodded "Oh yes, Darilith, whatever...If he is as old as you say and as strong as you say, even with our soldiers trained to my standards...we couldn't stop him if we made him angry. So I guess our best defense here is to just...placate the beast."
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Caeriadne on Sat Jul 16, 2016 1:59 pm

Caeriadne was glad to move onto the far more important and somehow less stressful conversation about Darilith.

"I agree with Lancaster. However, I want more opinions. We need a contingency plan in case he...decides not to accept our hospitality. So, let's - what do you call it? - brainstorm. Anyone, go ahead." She gestured openly to everyone in company at the table. She was still getting used to this whole democracy thing.
Caeriadne

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin on Sun Jul 17, 2016 4:38 pm

Huo Long spoke first again, starting with a sigh "I know that tiefling legends state there are specific magical spells made to debilitate dragons so warriors could attack more directly, but we need an adept magic user...I'm just a bard, I don't have that kind of power."

Alis nodded "Verior has magic but probably not enough to use that level of spell...though we could try and figure it out, if we knew the spell."

Huo nodded "We'd have to send a few people out to a nearby Tiefling conclave to get the information we need, but it could work."

Lancaster then interjected "But if this mixed breed child Verior can't do it, what are we going to do? Even if he could debilitate the beast, no offense, our warriors are good but no where near good enough to fight a dragon. Gnolls and Men learn fast, but not that fast."

Orothon nodded "And I don't think my steel is good enough to hold up against dragon attacks, maybe if I had a better material to make armor and weapons from I could be of more use."

Raziel then spoke "I'm older than Caeriadne, but not old enough to fight him and do much good, maybe the two of us could hold him back fighting at one hundred percent, but I haven't been in dragon form for quite some time, so either way, we would be of little use in a straight battle."

Calmly Dylan finally spoke "Everyone, I think we need to focus on making sure it doesn't come to the battle, rather than trying to plan for the battle. We know that objectively this...Darilith could wipe us out in little time if he wanted, we just have to make sure he doesn't want to. Perhaps more than just hospitality, perhaps we offer him tribute of some type to keep him placated?"
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Caeriadne on Sun Jul 17, 2016 4:56 pm

"I value all of your ideas," she said at length, "but Dylan is exactly right. I'd like to know more about the Tiefling spells, but now is not the time to divide our forces - and besides, however promising Verior and his skills may be, it'd be too much to ask of an inexperienced young mage to stand face-to-face against one of us. If it should come to blows, Raziel and myself will take the front line and fate will have its way with the rest."

She turned to Dylan, nodding for him to continue. "Ideas?"
Caeriadne

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin on Sun Jul 17, 2016 5:19 pm

Dylan pondered for a moment and then said "Well, if we knew what he horded that could work perhaps? Sadly it seems that would be very difficult information to come across. Perhaps if we find out where he is going and why, we could offer to help him? That may make him less likely to want to kill us, if we make ourselves an asset."
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Caeriadne on Sun Jul 17, 2016 5:30 pm

"I would assume that what he's going after is probably not the most scrupulous endeavor. Besides, there's nothing for us to the south but ocean and orcs. But, you do have a point." She paused for a moment, thinking. "I'm sure someone on his...trail of destruction must have some knowledge about him. Either what he wants, why he's doing what he's doing, or what he's seeking. Huo Lang," she turned to address him, "authorize some funds to hire a few mercenaries or scouts from out-of-town. Keep them from knowing who is paying for their...expedition, so there are no links to Brighton. Send them north, have them scout the path that he's taken thus far, but keep them far away from him. Their objective will be to question any survivors or witnesses to the havoc and get us answers. And maybe, once this has all passed, we'll gauge our chances for some sort of relief effort for those unlucky villages. Have a decoy for them to report to. Darilith can know nothing of our actions."
Caeriadne

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin on Sun Jul 17, 2016 5:43 pm

Huo Long nods "I know of some people from my past journeys who would be willing to do that kind of work for the right coin. I'll get on that as soon as the meeting is adjourned."

Dylan nods "That seems like an intelligent course of action...is that all this meeting was going to entail?"

Raziel smiled slightly, he had an idea, if she said it was over he was going to suggest something.
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Caeriadne on Sun Jul 17, 2016 9:57 pm

"Not much coin," she emphasized. "Keep the job very simple. I don't want any ties back to us."

She nodded after a few moments. "Yes, I have nothing else for now. Everything is going as according to plan. Once Darilith passes through, I have more plans for us. Come to me if you have any other thoughts about this. Hopefully, within a few days, this will all be a footnote."

She noticed Raziel as she was speaking, and wrapping up the council. "The rest of you are free to leave. Raziel, you owe me twenty minutes of your time, since you were late." Her words seemed friendly enough, perhaps even sounded light-hearted, but the look she was giving him was anything but.

Caeriadne

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin on Sun Jul 17, 2016 10:03 pm

Huo Long nodded and they all looked over at Raziel like he was in trouble, but they didn't let it seem like they enjoyed the idea...which they did.

Raziel laughed and nodded "That sounds fine, oh I wanted to say, everyone meet me at the tavern after Caeriadne lets me free, I'll pay for a round or two, been a long while since I had drinking companions!"

They nodded and suddenly seemed much more friendly towards Raziel as they left the room.

Raziel put his feet up on a table and smiled "So whats up my dear Sapphire compatriot? Would you like to come with me and the rest of the council to the tavern? Your people should see you have fun from time to time you know."
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Caeriadne on Sun Jul 17, 2016 10:05 pm

"Come for a walk with me," she offered no more explanation as she stood and turned to leave the town hall.
Caeriadne

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin on Sun Jul 17, 2016 10:06 pm

Raziel nodded and stood up, walking with her where ever she would lead "Where are you bringing me?" He asked with obviously mock suspicion.
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Caeriadne on Sun Jul 17, 2016 10:08 pm

She reached the door and exited, stepping outside and glancing up at the sky, as if that answered his question.
Caeriadne

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin on Sun Jul 17, 2016 10:11 pm

He raised an eyebrow at her and then sighed "I may seem like an insightful and wise man but I need words my friend, not glances."
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Caeriadne on Sun Jul 17, 2016 10:16 pm

With a shake of her head, a small smile played across her face. "Come on. I've been on the ground for too long, and it's driving me crazy. It's only been a damned eon since I had a flying companion." With that, she took off, walking for the nearest gatehouse to exit the city.
Caeriadne

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin on Sun Jul 17, 2016 10:19 pm

He followed after her, very nervous now, suddenly very out of his normal character "Uhm, Caeriadne...I can't right now, let's...let's not can we maybe postpone the whole flying thing?"
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Caeriadne on Wed Jul 20, 2016 6:00 pm

"Why?" Her suspicion was peaked, but she kept that casual air about her. She had expected some sort of response from him, but this was a bit more than she had anticipated. "Is something wrong?"
Caeriadne

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin on Wed Jul 20, 2016 9:04 pm

He sighed and tried to regain his composure quickly, only partially working, he still seemed very out of sorts. "Would saying I just can't be enough?" He asked, he had a feeling she'd want more from him, but he had to try.
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Caeriadne on Thu Jul 21, 2016 11:26 pm

She arced an eyebrow and focused her gaze on him intently. "No.' Her response was sharp, but not hostile. "Why?" She turned to him, hand on her hip, and cocked her head to the side. Something was certainly amiss, and she was scanning him to see just how deep she could delve without hitting a nerve. But after all, he'd caused plenty of turmoil for her, so perhaps now it was her turn.
Caeriadne

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin on Thu Jul 21, 2016 11:36 pm

He seemed very uncomfortable shifting as he stood and fidgeting slightly before sighing and looking her in the eye, with a look that spoke of sadness, but a silent determination. He didn't regret the reason he was refusing at all, but it was a deep wound.

"It's a punishment. I am a physical being before you, but it's...it's technically an Illusion. Energy made corporeal. My true form is...elsewhere. Locked away."
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Caeriadne on Thu Jul 21, 2016 11:42 pm

Her gaze hardened for a moment, full of the skepticism of a wary ruler. "Explain."
Caeriadne

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 10 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top