Arlia
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

((Caeriadne)) Ripples in the Night Sky

2 posters

Page 1 of 10 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next

Go down

((Caeriadne)) Ripples in the Night Sky Empty ((Caeriadne)) Ripples in the Night Sky

Post by Admin Tue Jun 21, 2016 11:57 pm

The town of Brighton was on the edge of a future no one had expected for it, at least not in their life times. The town was being spruced up, food production was up, walls were being pushed out and improved upon, everything was going better. It seems the dragon queen of Brighton had made herself quite the comfortable home, and a good beach head for her ambitions. All the people from out of town that were hired in had arrived and have already begun making sure everything in the town was operating as best they could with the funding and materials they had, which were still low, but the future looked promising so that should change.

But aside from all the improvements, one man in the village was not as hard working as everyone else. Raziel was hanging around the newly built Inn and Tavern, and at night he was either sleeping in the Inn part or sitting outside the city walls, staring out into the night. When he did that she could also sense him clearly like he was next to her, but she would realize it wasn't because he was trying to make her sense him, but because he wasn't strong enough to block the amount of power around him when that happened.

While he also acted sarcastic, annoying, with a never ending slew of bad jokes and puns, at night it was different, he was quiet, and gave off the air of someone who had seen the world on fire and had gotten caught in the blaze
Admin
Admin
Admin

https://arlia.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

((Caeriadne)) Ripples in the Night Sky Empty Re: ((Caeriadne)) Ripples in the Night Sky

Post by Caeriadne Sat Jun 25, 2016 9:47 am

Caeriadne refrained from starting any elaborate new projects while the rest of the town's revitalization was in the works. Piling up too much at once would be foolish, she knew. Slow and steady was the only way to advance a place like this.

The sapphire-embedded tree in the courtyard square had begun to grow and change differently in the weeks since Caeriadne's takeover. Initially, the hundreds of shards appeared to have weakened the tree, and for a few days afterwards it wilted very slightly and shifted into darker shades of sickness as if it were damaged from the impact. Later, though, it began to regain its strength and its vitality was gradually restored. It even shot up a little straighter, stretched its branches out just a little farther, and regained its healthy glisten of bright green leaves amidst the brilliant glimmer of the sapphire shrapnel still flecked across its surface. The sapphire had a sort of aura of its own, casting tiny rays of refracted light over the courtyard whenever the sun hit it just right. It started to grow beautifully and was quite a sight when one stopped to consider it - it held all the potential of the blossoming grandeur of a great tree not quite yet at its prime, alongside the glinting humanized beauty of brilliant stained glass. The thing seemed to be starting to glow with an energy all its own now.

Caeriadne knew that the time had come when Raziel would have to be addressed. She had let him linger for long enough. When her day's work had been done and the sun was starting to fall one night, she came forth from the city hall. A hooded cloak was wrapped around her rather conservatively, her blade sheathed at her side as usual, and she crossed the city streets and exited the gate to find Raziel sitting outside the walls.

She walked wordlessly over to him and leaned against the wall a few feet away, dropping her hood and crossing her arms. She waited to see if he would speak first.

Caeriadne
Caeriadne

Back to top Go down

((Caeriadne)) Ripples in the Night Sky Empty Re: ((Caeriadne)) Ripples in the Night Sky

Post by Admin Sat Jun 25, 2016 4:17 pm

He was completely still, it would take her a few moments to even notice him breathing. His eyes had a shine to them, a human with no magical experience might think he was crying, but knowing him and having some magical know how made that seem unlikely. He was more than likely scrying, looking across the world seeing people and events unfold.

"Hello my dear Sapphire friend. How are you Caeriadne? I've heard some rumors about you while I stretch my gaze over the world, some cities have gotten wind of your little conquest. Some have taken to calling you the 'Sapphire Empress', I think empress is a bit much for controlling one small town in the middle of no where but It has a nice ring to it doesn't it?" The entire time he spoke to her, he didn't look away from the stars he had been staring at.
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Caeriadne Sun Jun 26, 2016 1:49 am

Caeriadne let a few comfortable moments of silence fall before she answered.

"I'll take what I can get, I suppose," she smiled jokingly, letting a trace of the humor sink into her voice. "You scry, hm? A fine art. Almost lost, now, but..." She gazed off into the stars, knowing she wouldn't see what Raziel did, but just looking nonetheless. "You come out here almost every night."

Caeriadne
Caeriadne

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin Sun Jun 26, 2016 2:02 am

Raziel chuckled and said "There's a lot to see in this world, it's a truly beautiful place...even if some of the wonder left it when we did. Things we would never have seen are happening now. It's wonderful to watch. Like I'm watching a grey elf couple adopt a wild elf refugee...back in our day they would have stomped his head in..." He turned and looked at her, his eyes faded back to their normal sparkling blue color, and he looked a tad more serious that usual. "It's such a beautiful world now, our quaint little Arlia. But some many of us...of us dragons are so angry. Even the metallics, so many of us are distrustful and angry of the short folk because of what happened to us. You're one of the few good ones..."

He stopped and sighed then laughed heartily and loud "I apologize my dear! I got a bit deep there, I just want you to promise me something. Will you try and protect the beautiful things in this world? If I can't?"
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Caeriadne Sun Jun 26, 2016 7:26 pm

She glanced sidelong at Raziel, not quite expecting such a contemplative response. Her words were tempered and steady.

"I don't think whatever happened to us was perpetrated by the two-legged ones. I've not seen much of the world since I awoke again, but I can tell that it's...emptier now than it was before. So much was lost. So much was thrown away. The young ones don't even know the difference between Chromatics and Metallics, have no idea what the Underdark is; they've barely retained half of what made the world...whole.

"I was enamored with the ways of humans before. Perhaps too much, but I paid the price. I've seen their folly now, and I know that there is a place for them, and a place for us alongside each other. Two sides to the same coin, as they say. And if my role is to protect them, and the beautiful things that they have fostered in our absence, then that is my place. What is your place, Raziel?"
Caeriadne
Caeriadne

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin Sun Jun 26, 2016 7:31 pm

Raziel smiled, she could tell that's what he wanted to hear from her, he let out a breath like he had been holding in tension. He was afraid she would have said something else, something that showed much less compassion. "My place changes as fate itself ebbs and flows, I am a privileged onlooker and a chained servant to destiny itself, as are most powerful dragons of my breed. But, my dear Sapphire friend, that place seems to be Brighton for the time being. You wouldn't know but there's a Point of Fate in this town."
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Caeriadne Sun Jun 26, 2016 7:39 pm

She nodded slowly, registering the information and showing no visible surprise.

"It seems this place will play a part in that destiny, however small and humble it is now. It may be one of the first dragon settlements since we were released. I hope that it will be a fine city one day, part of something greater for all of us."

She paused then, narrowing her eyes at Raziel in a calculating manner. He was getting at something deeper, but she wasn't sure what. She decided to let the silence urge him on to continue, rather than pressing him for more.
Caeriadne
Caeriadne

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin Sun Jun 26, 2016 7:47 pm

He waited a few moments and then smiled with a small laugh "You do that quite often Caeriadne, use silence to urge the people you're talking with to continue. You're the strong silent type of dragon aren't you, I love it." He laughed a bit more then nodded "I'll tell you about the Point of Fate if you want to know, but you need to ask, with words please. I'm a very social beast you see." He said with a playfully devious smirk playing at the edges of his well meaning smile.
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Caeriadne Sun Jun 26, 2016 7:49 pm

She shared the laugh for once. This Raziel fellow wasn't so bad, when he wasn't going out of his way to be obnoxious.

"Go ahead then, social beast," she said with equal parts sarcasm and playfulness. "Tell me about the Point of Fate, if you can keep yourself from flirting with me long enough."
Caeriadne
Caeriadne

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin Sun Jun 26, 2016 7:53 pm

He laughed at her last comment and shook his head "Oh that may be a bit too much to ask of me, I'm only a man, there's not much I can do about that." He waited for his laughter to die down then he said "Well, the Point here is a rather....abstract one. It only forms when it's four pieces come together, even rarer is the pieces are living things, not a location or event. Silus is one piece, Verior is another, the third is actually Korrok and the fourth...well you're smart enough to assume who the fourth is my dear."
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Caeriadne Sun Jun 26, 2016 9:33 pm

She nodded, believing him. "Go on.."
Caeriadne
Caeriadne

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin Sun Jun 26, 2016 9:45 pm

"It's you, the fourth piece is you." He knew that she got it, he just wanted to vocalize it. The smile had left, he was being serious now"Which is a pretty big thing, it means you're important. Not just to the people of Brighton, or to what will one day be the course of history...you're important to the world itself. The very destiny of the plane which is...pretty insane. I've never actually met a person who was a Point of Fate, though I knew it could happen. At this point I only know of a few other people in this world who are Points of Fate. I don't know what it means, I don't know if you just being here and taking over means you've done what destiny needed you to do or if it is an event or action you have yet to take part in or make happen."

He smiled again and sighed "No pressure, am I right." He said sarcastically.
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Caeriadne Sun Jun 26, 2016 11:26 pm

She smiled plainly. "I haven't done what destiny needs me to do yet. This city is...important, of course," she gestured to the walls behind them, "but I don't think it qualifies as a significant turning point of fate, yet."
Caeriadne
Caeriadne

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin Sun Jun 26, 2016 11:30 pm

"I've seen smaller acts snow ball into powers that change the world my dear, but I do agree. I suppose we should just keep our eyes out for world defining events we should be involved in." He sighed and smiled, sitting there for a few moments of silence before speaking again "If I perhaps scried something that could affect you, what exactly would you be willing to do for me in exchange?" She could tell it was mostly a joke, he would give her the information regardless, but he would prefer some kind of exchange.
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Caeriadne Mon Jun 27, 2016 10:43 am

"Maybe it would give me a reason to actually trust you," she smiled, then gave it a few seconds of actual contemplation. "Well, if you'd make yourself useful to me, I'd give you one of the spare offices in the town hall to use as a respectable room rather than allowing one of my own to scrounge around in the city inn like a common ruffian. How does that sound?"
Caeriadne
Caeriadne

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin Mon Jun 27, 2016 2:16 pm

He nodded and seemed to think for a moment, but she could tell that was only for affect, when she had mentioned giving him an actual room, his eyes almost sparkled with excitement. "Well alright that sounds good enough." He chuckled and said "Would you like an explanation, or a visual? I can show you anything I scry."
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Caeriadne Mon Jun 27, 2016 5:04 pm

"Give me a description and then let me see. It's been a long, long time since I've even dabbled with any sort of scrying; I'd like to be thoroughly prepared first." She was cautious, but rightfully so. Scrying was far from her specialty.
Caeriadne
Caeriadne

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin Mon Jun 27, 2016 6:13 pm

He nodded and began describing the first of the two visions that were pertaining to her. The first was a man dressed in the garb of a monk, like the Tieflings or those who taught that race martial arts and chi control originally. The man had one arm and was walking with the help of a thick, sturdy walking staff. Though the man did not look a year over his mid thirties he had the air of someone who had been alive for much longer than anything he would come into contact with. His eyes were a piercing blue, like the lightning you see in the greatest storms. Behind him in the distance there was a town, or at least what used to be a town. It was burning in a sea of fire, and above the city was a massive thunderstorm, huge forking blasts of lightning slammed into the ground like hammers from a god, blasting the ground, setting more fires. Even more frightening then the image, was the sounds. All he could hear was the sound of fire and thunder and the the earth shattering under the bolts of power, there were no screams, there was no sounds of life. The inhabitants of that village were all dead, hopefully they were killed quickly, because burning alive was a gruesome way to go. Raziel explained he watched this person for some time, he wanted more information on someone that dangerous, but after a few minutes the man in the vision seemed to look right at Raziel and scoff.

“Once he did that the vision was cut off, and no matter what I do, I can not scry him anymore. From the information I have, that's someone every dragon knows about, and every dragon rightfully fears. That's Darilith, the Blue Reaper himself. The reason that pertains to you, is I believe he is coming this way. Now, I think the two of us will be enough to ward him off, even if he is older than both of us by quite a bit, but as you know he is crippled. So hopefully we don't see him at all, but if we do, I'm confident we can avoid a fight.”

He would explain the second vision, but he wanted her to take this one in first, this was big, this was also probably rather frightening, even for someone as formidable as herself. Darilith was known as the Blue Reaper for a good reason, entire kingdoms had fallen to that Chromatic monster.
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Caeriadne Thu Jun 30, 2016 7:31 am

"The Blue Reaper," Caeriadne repeated solemnly. "I remember a little. The ancient Blue, wicked and cunning, as the stories go. Why is he coming this way, Raziel, and how far is he now? What would he want from us?"

She shifted a little, studying the stars absently as her mind occupied itself with the newly gathered information. She had seen carnage and destruction, empires falling at the peak of their glory, and wanton massacres fueled by carnal draconic bloodlust or some infernal craving for power by mankind. She would have no tolerance for such blasphemous havoc, so long as she reigned. And she knew the best strategy to avoid such a thing was to appear too challenging to overtake, but not so intimidating to seem like a threat.

"We will continue fortifying our defenses, but we need more than that. We're nothing more than a slightly better-protected farming town now, ripe for the taking if one of our defenses should falter even for a moment. We need more."
Caeriadne
Caeriadne

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin Thu Jun 30, 2016 3:21 pm

"He's a couple of weeks away if he keeps walking, chances are he will use magic to move great distances at speed, though he can't do that frequently, and sadly I don't know magically attuned he is. It could be the couple of weeks I mentioned, or...in a worst case scenario it could be several days. But from what I gathered from watching him, he is moving in a rather direct path south, I think he will be wanting to move much farther than us. Blues are a bit more inclined to hotter climates, why he awoke in the frozen north is beyond me. And as for what he wants from us...I don't think he's going to want anything in particular." He sighed, he wasn't entirely sure of anything, Darilith was old, powerful, and for the most part unknowable to those who weren't close to him.

"It could be the town he destroyed paid him some kind of disrespect, so he destroyed it. If that's the case, when he comes you must meet with him, and treat him like a king because that's what he believes himself to be and if you don't he could burn Brighton down in an hour. I suggest when you meet him you bring Silus, Dylan, and myself with you. He respects other dragons and those with their blood to a certain degree, and according to the stories he has a soft spot for religion." He paused for a moment before continuing this time.

"If the town was simply in his way...well...I'm not entirely sure if there is anything we could do. I believe he is one of the three eldest dragons in the world, he is colossal in size...if he wants to hurt us I don't know what we could do."

Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Caeriadne Thu Jun 30, 2016 10:58 pm

"We will make ourselves as little a target as possible, and fight only if we have no other option. If he is passing through, then we will let him pass." She thought for a moment. "What does he hoard? I can't recall."
Caeriadne
Caeriadne

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin Thu Jun 30, 2016 11:05 pm

"What do we do if he tries to stop here for the night? That could be an issue. I don't know exactly what he hoards, but it shouldn't be dendritic so you shouldn't have to worry about that. It seems he has something on his mind other than his hoard. I'm not sure what his motivations are right now"
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Caeriadne Mon Jul 04, 2016 5:19 pm

"Then we give him a nice room, feed him, and give him all the hospitality we would give anyone whose opinion may mean the difference between us continuing on our way unhindered, or being a burning pit in the ground by morning." She smiled diplomatically. "Perhaps he is not so bad - he may be an ally, even." Her voice was heavily tinged with tones of distrust, perhaps even a subtle hint of sarcasm. "You never know..."

She studied him for a moment longer, contemplating her next words so they weren't too harsh or judgmental. "What do you know about dendritic?"
Caeriadne
Caeriadne

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin Tue Jul 05, 2016 2:22 pm

Raziel laughed nervously and nodded "That's true, I'll trust your judgement on that Caeriadne, and if things go sour I might even find it in my cold little sarcastic heart to help you." His smile had a twinge of devious playfulness when he said that, but as she mentioned the dendritic it faded slightly, he was mentally berating himself for mentioning it, she hadn't told him yet. "I don't know much, other than how it smells. I assure you on that. Also I know that I don't horde it."
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 10 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next