A New Society

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Re: A New Society

Post by Admin on Sat Jun 18, 2016 8:20 pm

As she spoke he nodded and listened, the young boy was in no way a very excitable child, that part of his young life had been stripped from him by this towns prejudice towards his magic and mixed heritage, but he seemed to be happy with what she was saying, enough to crack another smile. "I can handle anything you throw at me, I promise. I want to be a good mage, so I can help this town, and I guess that means help you. In old stories all the best dragons had a mage with them."

"I dont know how comfortable I am knowing we are amusement for an older dragon. I'll keep an eye on him, but yes, it would be best to tell Korrok before he senses the dragon and tries to do something foolish. Like try to apprehend the intruder for his queen." He laughed softly for a moment before looking back over to her. "Do you know what kind of dragon he is?" He seemed to be asking out of curiosity by Silus seemed to know his stuff about dragon lore, so maybe he could shed some more light on Raziel's elusive breed.
Admin
Admin

View user profile http://arlia.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Caeriadne on Sat Jun 18, 2016 8:54 pm

She smiled. "Good. You're a smart boy. And I do intend to be one of the best dragons." She gave a half-playful smirk to Verior, glad to be able to bring some humor into the boy's somewhat troubled life. "Good. I'll talk to Alis. I expect you to do some reading before your first lesson - write me up a short paper on the difference between the three main types of dragons. Chromatic, Metallic, and Gem. I'll grade it myself." She gave the boy a clap on the shoulder, tempered by a testing gaze. She wouldn't make this easy - he would have to earn it. With that, she stood and straightened her shoulders to take her leave. "I have to be going now, but I'll be in touch."

-

"A lapis dragon," she said with mixed tones of distaste and sarcasm. "Quite the suave trickster sort, it seems. I haven't dealt with them often. I haven't dealt with many other gems, to be honest. Most of them have spent their lives sulking underground."
Caeriadne

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin on Sat Jun 18, 2016 11:39 pm

Verior smiled wide and nodded, standing up and he seemed like he was going to hug her, but stopped before doing it and just smiled a bit more "I wont disappoint you, thank you for giving me this chance!"

Silus nodded "Lapis huh? According to the information I have a lot of the time they are drawn to prophecy or what they called 'points of fate' places that even if time is altered won't change."
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Caeriadne on Sat Jun 18, 2016 11:41 pm

"Interesting," she nodded at Silus. "Anything else of interest you know about them?"
Caeriadne

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin on Sat Jun 18, 2016 11:45 pm

He shook his head "Not really, Lapis dragons are perhaps the most secretive breed of material plane dragons. I do know however, they have a particular hatred of Tarterian Dragons, one of the fiendish breeds of Planar dragons. I guess Taterians are also connected to points of fate, but for evil purposes. The tomes I read didn't go to in depth with them."

Raziel was still allowing her to sense him, if she went to him or not what her choice, but it may be suspicious that he was just allowing it.
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Caeriadne on Sat Jun 18, 2016 11:49 pm

"Wonderful. Let's hope his secrets don't put our city at risk." She sighed and allowed a few moments of silence. "Would you report to Korrok for me? Make sure he stays quiet about it, for now." She looked out across her lair again. "That is enough for today. I'm going to get some rest, and you should do the same, Silus. Many great things are ahead of us." She nodded politely at him, inviting him to take his leave for now.
Caeriadne

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin on Sat Jun 18, 2016 11:52 pm

Silus bowed his head and nodded with a smile "Understood my Queen, I will make sure Korrok is kept in the loop, and under control." He chuckled slightly to himself at that last statement, keeping a gnoll under control...easier said than done. He turned around and took his leave, giving one last look and nod over at her.
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Caeriadne on Sun Jun 19, 2016 12:18 am

"Treat him with respect," she nodded with a smile. The gnolls had grown on her - and besides, to her, they weren't much different than humans. As for Raziel, she took careful note of his presence, but decided not to pursue it tonight. The last thing she needed was to bring on more harassment from that wickedly frustrating creature. She would find him later, though, when she had more patience to spare - they needed to have a conversation. But for tonight, Raziel could wait. She needed some time to herself.

She waited until Silus left and sealed the door behind him. She then retired to her private chamber, padding softly across the dark stone of the main room into the smaller, human-sized quarters. The room was stark and stoic, but she had nonetheless made it cozy with its restricted decor. Small flecks of sapphire had started to take root in the stone walls, glowing very dimly. Using a small flare spell, she lit a few lavender and berry scented candles - she could see without them, of course, but nonetheless she lit them. Something was comforting about them to her. The most beautiful small pieces of dendritic, the ones containing crystal formations or geodes, lined small sets of shelves carved into the walls. She sealed the last door behind her, detached and hung her sheathed sword at the side of her bed, and wrapped her hair back tightly. She shed her dress in favor of her underclothes, a plain tunic and shorts.

Her lair was almost entirely silent. Caeriadne dropped to the floor, suspended with her palms down and arms stretched, and began a set of push-ups. One, two...seventy-five, seventy-six... Her muscles rippled as she propelled her body up, dropped, up again, dropped, up again, with a ferocity and speed that only a trained body could manage. Her disciplined mind honed into a calm, meditative focus. Sit-ups. Jumping jacks. One hundred thirteen...one hundred fourteen... Hand-to-hand drills. Katas, stances, and formations. The whole routine carried her hours into the night, with only several small breaks. She drilled herself until she was nearly on the brink of exhaustion and stopped, bent over and heaving for breath in the silence of the stone room. A thousand years has taken its toll. I haven't been so out of shape since I was a hatchling...After a few long minutes, she gathered herself and sat down on the edge of the bed. She blew the candles out, let her hair down, and laid down, finally allowing herself to rest.
Caeriadne

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

View previous topic View next topic Back to top