A Journey Underneath

Page 4 of 6 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Re: A Journey Underneath

Post by Admin on Wed Jun 15, 2016 6:21 pm

The alhoon looked rather suspicious of the first thing she said, but when she started to talk about the Abyssal energy tainting more things, sweeping across the world, killing their unofficial guard dog...this was something that made him give much more credence to her than he had been "How do you know this?" He asked with a less suspicious rasp to his voice.
Admin
Admin

View user profile http://arlia.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Xhar'zyavhir on Wed Jun 15, 2016 6:39 pm

"Spending time away from this plane has changed me. I can see more than I used to. For example, are you aware that there are multiple abyssal leaks? And that most of them are in the Underdark, near here. These are not the only forces leaking into this world either."
She looked at the undead Ilithid. Eyes unwavering. Her enchanting voice rings with confidence.
"I have the power to tap into these energies. I have done so already." She glanced at Kurgoth. "These leaks are vast, and dangerous if left unchecked. It will undoubtedly spread here, and you will be powerless to stop it. They are strong, but if you could control it? What if there was a way to not just stop it, but tap into it? Why then surely the rest of the species on this land would be ours for the taking. I'm afraid I cannot divulge much more without your cooperation."
She continued right on, not giving them a chance to reply just yet.
"Here is what I propose. If the energies are spreading here, then the best defense we have is to unite the clans and tribes here. From there we can pool our powers to tap into these energies, while opposing anyone else trying to do the same. After all, I am also not the only dragon who has returned. What say you?"
Xhar'zyavhir

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin on Thu Jun 16, 2016 2:53 pm

The Alhoon sighed deeply, he knew there was logic in her words, they can't control that Abyssal Taint, they didn't even know that there were multiple leaks in the Under Dark. He looked angry but more at the situation and not at anyone specifically. These free Ilithid held their freedom above all else, it was the only thing they had that the other Mind Flayers did not have, they were slaves to the Elder Brains whether they knew it or not. He sighed and said with a cooperative but demanding and rather blunt tone.

“We are free Ilithids, we broke free of death and the lies of the Elder Brains, we will work with you and serve under you, but we will not be slaves. That is our offer.”

One of the other Alhoon was looked at her with a slightly questioning gaze, like he was trying to remember something.
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Xhar'zyavhir on Sat Jun 18, 2016 2:47 am

"That is all I'm asking, Alhoon. I know you are a smart people who value your freedom. And I value your independence and intelligence much more than your subservience. You are the only race that I have yet seen who have master the art of lich making, other than the humans. I think both sides have things to gain." She smiled at him. She had won and teased him enough. Time to set his fears aside. She set on a more genuine tone.
"On more serious matters, all I ask is for you loyalty to this cause and your willingness to help. I think you have much knowledge to contribute that would help our plights for power. Speaking of which, we shall need to unite the local Drow cities under this act. Perhaps a temporary pact or alliance would be of use?"
Xhar'zyavhir

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin on Sat Jun 18, 2016 8:10 pm

"Unite the local Drow city states!?" The Ilitihd exclaimed "Are you mad? The drow in this park of the Under Dark would rather kill each other then work together and more often than not they do. Let alone a group of Ilitthids and a dragon! They would kill us before they spoke to us, maybe back when you were down here people were more open to 'polite' discourse, but unless it's empire to empire, diplomacy barely exists."

Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Xhar'zyavhir on Fri Aug 05, 2016 12:29 am

"Ha!" She bawked at them. "Then let them kill each other! I doubt the creatures here have changed all that much, Alhoon. Last time I checked, we all desire power. As soon as we give them an opportunity, the dark elves will rush for the chance to seize their bit. They'll stay on our side as long as it is convenient. We just have to make sure it's convenient for them."
And as the old saying goes. Never make a deal with someone you aren't able to turn on...It felt good to be back in the politics of the Underdark. This is where Xhar'zyavhir thrived and felt pushed to her best. She could feel her paths opening up. Soon they would be off to tap into that Abyssal energy.
"Or..." She added. "Is it that you are you afraid of sharing whatever power we come across, Alhoon?"
Xhar'zyavhir

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin on Sat Aug 06, 2016 12:23 am

The Alhoon she was speaking to glared at her "I would be lying if I said the thought of sharing power with one of those putrid elf bloods didn't disgust me. But fear is not the emotion, I could never fear a drow. Serving their goddess and hiding behind their walls...their only claim to power is their elven blood, a power they didn't have to work for. Our power comes from our blood and our struggle to survive! Even being born an Ilithid is a battle...Drow are weak."

He obviously had severe prejudice and hatred for the drow....but what Ilithid didnt.
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Xhar'zyavhir on Tue Aug 09, 2016 10:25 pm

The Drow have been known to fear the strange powers of the Ilithids. Understandably so...all those tentacles.
"Yes, well I think you'll find that there will be plenty of power to go around. It's hard to say just exactly how large this leak is..." She pondered their course of action. "I think we should send out a quick messenger to smaller Drow communes. The integrity of the Underdark is in jeopardy as long as this continues. Enough of them should be smart enough to aid our cause. No doubt you're unenthusiastic about this, but I believe that we could benefit from their spells and swords."
In all reality, Xhar'zyavhir was attempting to leech as many followers as she could...though she would try and hide this from Alhoon.
Xhar'zyavhir

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin on Wed Aug 10, 2016 9:45 pm

The Alhoon she was speaking to nodded and said he would go and make sure messengers were sent out, her and her current followers were welcome in the village. Most of the Illithid would met her went back into the village except for one, wearing priest like robes. He walked closer to her and bowed "You, you have been foretold! You must come with me, you must see someone, yes?" He seemed like he was asking something, even though his words were structured like a statement.
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Xhar'zyavhir on Sat Aug 13, 2016 4:40 pm

Ooh, religious fanatics, how entertaining, and profitable! "Kurgoth, return to camp and manage things there. Remain as hidden as you can and set up watches. Let's try not to alert the entire Under Dark where we are and who we're working with, I'll be along soon." With that, Xhar'zyavhir would follow the robed Ilithid. "Lead the way. But first tell me your name."
Xhar'zyavhir

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin on Sat Aug 13, 2016 4:49 pm

"My name is Drizzt, after my first kill! A drow who came back into the under dark for some ridiculous reason, didn't see me or my fellow Alhoons coming. But I got the killing blow, yes yes. Follow me now?"

Kurgoth just nodded and turned around with a sigh and walked back to his army.
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Xhar'zyavhir on Sat Aug 13, 2016 4:53 pm

"Greetings, Drizzt..." Her speech stuttered ever so slightly. The name felt...strange on her tongue, for some reason. She shook the feeling off. What an interesting bunch. Sure to entertain.
"Congratulations on your kill. Yes, I will follow you."
Xhar'zyavhir

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin on Sat Aug 13, 2016 5:08 pm

He brought her to a small cave mouth, she would have to stay in her drow form "Come come, much to show you, something amazing, you will find interesting I think." Once she entered, she would see after a small corridor it widened into a rather large cavern, with just this one entrance, lit by equally spaced fires along the banks of a lake. The oddest part, was she sensed that another plane was touching this world here, a specific plane of evil, but not The Abyss, she would sense the distinct touch of The Nine Hells, and a ward that kept something in the lake.
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Xhar'zyavhir on Sat Aug 13, 2016 5:16 pm

Xhar'zyavhir felt the unique presence touching the tips of this world. The plane of the Nine Hells stuck out like a sore thumb. It wasn't uncommon for the deeper parts of the Under Dark to house creatures from other planes. She was eager to see what the Alhoon had discovered.
"I feel another plane here, Drizzt. What is it you have locked away here?"
Xhar'zyavhir

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin on Sat Aug 13, 2016 5:22 pm

He chuckled and raised his hands "Asmodine! I am here! I have brought the one you prophesied about! She is as glorious as you said! She will lead us to glory!"

Just then, the water roiled and burst, and on the bank of the lake, held back by the ward which was apparently incredibly powerful, was a absolutely colossal Tartarian Dragon. Bright green eyes framed by it's coal black scales. It looked down on both of them, and she could tell even she were in her dragon form it would still look down on her like she was a wyrmling. "Greetings, Xhar'zyavhir..."
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Xhar'zyavhir on Sat Aug 13, 2016 5:59 pm

Asmodine! I had him picked for a legend...could he be real? Xhar'zyavhir was skeptical about who she was meeting, yet also in great fear. Asmodine or not, this beast was a force to be reckoned with. And if this dragon is who he says she is, then he had the power to level cities with ease. This was certainly unexpected.
"Ah! Greetings great one!" She spat out. Xhar'zyavhir bowed to the wyrm out of respect for his power. "This one calls you Asmodine. Forgive me, but, is this true? You are the same Asmodine who fought and survived a battle with the master of Baator? It is hard to believe that I would ever meet such a being..."
Xhar'zyavhir

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin on Sat Aug 13, 2016 11:38 pm

A great rumbling laughter erupted from it's throat "I assumed you would be suspicious....I am, yes. I am Asmodine, the nearly usurper of Asmodeus."
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Xhar'zyavhir on Sun Aug 14, 2016 1:27 am

"I see.." How could it be otherwise, he feels as though he is native to the Nine Hells. "Forgive me, Asmodine. Truly, it is a pleasure to meet one whop has achieved such greatness. A greatness many of us merely dream of. I would be very intrigued to learn about what your are doing now, and why you are here. And indeed, why I have been summoned."
Not her most eloquent, yet talking with a near god has shaken Xhar'zyavhir a bit.
Xhar'zyavhir

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin on Sun Aug 14, 2016 5:42 am

"You are forgiven, little Hex dragon. You are write to be suspicious. In my time, I smote many people pretending to be me, using my glorious name for their own small ambition. I am here, because I am trapped. This was my salvation, but now it's my own personal prison. I used a considerable amount of power to partially phase this part of the world into the Nine Hells when I felt myself being dragged away into the prison plane. Sadly, a world devoid of dragons was not the treasure trove I imagined it to be. I couldn't bring the spell down, something, someone, warded it while I slept one night it seemed. Not even the Alhoons can unspell it, neither can I. But I summoned you, because you are important."

He smirked and moved right up to the ward, as close as he could get to her. Even beyond the ward she could feel the power and heat radiating off of him. "You wouldn't know this, but Tartarian dragons share a gift with a type of gem dragon known as Lapis Dragons. We are tied to fate, and can see things called Points of Fate. People, places, things or events that are tied to the fabric of space, immutable in time. So even if something changed the past, the Point of Fate would NOT alter. You, my dear Xhar'zyavhir, are a point of fate.."
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Xhar'zyavhir on Sun Aug 14, 2016 12:08 pm

She felt as though she was swimming in the immense power of the other dragon. Then she felt the steadfast ward holding him back as steady as a mountainside. Great powers were clearly at work here, and Xhar'zyavhir was in awe.

"A point of fate..."

She liked the sound of that. Yet why not? With her ambitions, surely she would be connected to great things. "So, you felt and were affected by the disappearances of the dragons too. It must have been very powerful to alter a being like yourself." Food for thought. Perhaps Asmodine had more insight as to what caused the disappearances.

"And now you tell me that I am a point of fate. A crucial immobile piece in the game of fate. Do you know what part I am to play in all of this? I assume my path connects with your own, or else you would not have bothered to meet with me."
Xhar'zyavhir

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin on Sun Aug 14, 2016 9:38 pm

"My path connects to many different paths, and yours in not the only one. But, you are not average. You are not one of the crowd. You stand out, your point shines with a special darkness...Why, I am not sure. But what I do know is our paths connect, and they do not split." He smirks and laughs loudly "You and I are going to be with each other for some time, little dragon."
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Xhar'zyavhir on Thu Aug 18, 2016 8:46 pm

"My my..." She thought for a moment. "Well, I never thought my actions would coincide with yours, Asmodine. But if we are to be connected in fate for as long as you say, then we best get comfortable with each other. Hopefully the partnership is mutually beneficial."
Xhar'zyavhir

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin on Fri Aug 19, 2016 10:41 pm

"I believe it will be...Now, as you are a Hex dragon, I believe you are especially gifted in the magic arts correct? You need to free me, I am not sure how. But I am sure you are intelligent enough to figure it out. Also, if you free me, I'm sure all manner of creature will flock to your cause. I share this cause, by the way, tapping into the abyssal leak. As a tartarian I have a connection to the plane of tartarus, but having a connection to both it and the Abyss?" He smirks "Just the notion excites me."
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Xhar'zyavhir on Wed Aug 24, 2016 12:02 am

"Do you now? Well, that interests me greatly. I can only hope our goals do not conflict." She didn't like sharing. But what dragon did? However it seemed that neither of them had much of a choice if it was destined by fate. Might as well work together and make the most of it.
"As inconvenient as this seems, I'm sure it can also be quite beneficial. If I can free you, we could be a powerful team. I'll see what I can do." Xhar'zyavhir nodded to any Ilithids near by to leave her mind alone. She reached out and examined the barrier more closely with her thoughts. It was strong and resilient. Time had not worn it down much...She extended her magic slightly to test its strength.
Let's see what we're up against.
Xhar'zyavhir

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin on Wed Aug 24, 2016 12:08 am

It seemed as if when she was testing the ward with her mind, she felt a rush of air, and suddenly, still in her bare drow like form, she was in a different place, but she could tell it wasn't entirely real. Her mind was here. And standing before her was a creature she couldn't quite tell what it was though, besides the fact that it was humanoid, and seemed to give off a strange power. An attractive power, and a terrifying power.
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 4 of 6 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top