Arlia
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A Journey Underneath

2 posters

Page 5 of 6 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

Go down

A Journey Underneath - Page 5 Empty Re: A Journey Underneath

Post by Xhar'zyavhir Wed Aug 24, 2016 7:34 pm

Xhar'zyavhir's guard came up instantly. She did not pull her mind away, but her senses were on high alert. She examined the strange humanoid creature with interest but also with reserve. The fact that its power felt foreign and unknown frightened her. Though it enticed her greatly. Before connecting her mind to it she would project her thoughts telepathically.
"Who are you?"
Xhar'zyavhir
Xhar'zyavhir

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin Wed Aug 24, 2016 7:51 pm

The being chuckled, his form was distorted and covered by shadow and darkness, roiling and pulsing around him like boiling water. "You don't get the answer to that question yet, dragon. First, you tell me who you are. This would hid me away long before your time, and for some reason, this ward links to my prison. The least you could do is introduce yourself."
Admin
Admin
Admin

https://arlia.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Xhar'zyavhir Wed Aug 24, 2016 8:04 pm

She was hesitant, but when she spoke, she did so with authority and without fear. "I suppose, I'm unveiling myself to everyone today. So be it. I am the Hex Dragon Xhar'zyavhir. I do not know why I've been whisked away here. Now, I've answered your question. You answer mine."
Xhar'zyavhir
Xhar'zyavhir

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin Wed Aug 24, 2016 9:08 pm

It seems to smirk and nod "My name is Gozen, I was once known in the Under Dark as The War Lord, a ancient Arlian deity of great power and renown. But when the other gods found Arlia from other worlds, they teamed up with other native Arlian gods and put me away. Pelor and Ashian spear headed the movement." He chuckled "So, the ward keeping your friend inside his prison seem to be the door to mine. I wonder how that happened..."
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Xhar'zyavhir Wed Aug 24, 2016 9:15 pm

"Yes most interesting." Xhar'zyavhir did not trust the old god. His power seemed to great and she felt dangerous and exposed every second she was here.
"Tell me, what would happen now if I removed the ward? Am I able to, while it is connected to your own prison?"
Xhar'zyavhir
Xhar'zyavhir

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin Wed Aug 24, 2016 9:17 pm

((literally exposed))

"Oh yes, you are very able. I assume breaking the ward would be breaking my prison." He smirked "Setting me free, I would very much favor the being who let me loose again."
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Xhar'zyavhir Wed Aug 24, 2016 9:40 pm

((All the nakedness))

"No doubt..." Xhar'zyavhir was very doubtful. She did not enjoy dealing with very powerful forces so undefended. She had to tread carefully, lest she meet her fate as a mere pawn in these games.
"You'll forgive me for hesitating to unleash a god locked away by Pelor and Ashian. How can I ensure protection from them?"
Xhar'zyavhir
Xhar'zyavhir

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin Wed Aug 24, 2016 10:09 pm

He laughed and nodded "You are a prudent beast aren't you? I can guarntee you protection because they HAD to lock me away. Even together, they couldn't end me. And don't worry, I am a god beyond deceit, beyond lies. They are beneath me. I will keep to my word, because nothing is strong enough to threaten me enough to make me lie."
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Xhar'zyavhir Fri Aug 26, 2016 5:37 pm

His words made sense. Yet, Xhar'zyavhir was still cautious as she always is. "I'm glad to hear it," She responded. "Yet I know how honey tongued gods can be. You could tell me anything to get you out of this prison..." She thought for a moment more. A god with such strength Pelor could not kill? Why would such strength need trickery?

"However, I do believe you. In any case, I need assistance from the being tied to your prison as well. I'm sure you'd be interested in meeting him. I accept your favor, and I will release you, ancient one."

With that, the Hex Dragon probed the ward that bound them both once more. She then launched her mind at it with all her force. If she couldn't break it, she would weaken it as best as her skill allowed. Holding it for as long as the two beings needed to fight it themselves.
Xhar'zyavhir
Xhar'zyavhir

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin Fri Aug 26, 2016 5:54 pm

The ward was incredibly powerful and she could feel it fighting back, but she then felt the power of another dragon backing her up but even with both of them the ward was refusing to shatter. But then, just when she would falter and choose to give up and perhaps try again later a MASSIVE power, divine in origin seemingly washed over them like a tidal wave of the plains and with their help smashed the ward. It was like they were the spear head and this force was the spear man wielding them with such ferocity it would frighten even her.

When she awoke back in the cave, Asmodine was free, but his eyes were transfixed on a figure floating in the room. Clothed in sleek form fitting armor that was made of shimmering metal as black as the Shadowfell, with eyes burning red like fire, and great demonic wings. Though it's skin and features besides that looked human "Thank you Xhar'zyavhir, for releasing me. I will be sure to give you appropriate thanks."
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Xhar'zyavhir Fri Aug 26, 2016 6:10 pm

She felt the rush of power burs through the ward as soon as it was weakened enough.The force of her and Asmodine breaking the prison winded her, to say the least. She was exhausted, and her power was drained considerably. Still, she remained fixed on the floating figure. The way it radiated divine power, was awe inspiring.

"My thanks to you, War Lord. I look forward to our next encounter." She bowed her head to him.
Xhar'zyavhir
Xhar'zyavhir

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin Fri Aug 26, 2016 6:15 pm

He laughed "You need not bow your head to me, you've freed me. That makes you a friend, not a servant."

Asmodine from behind him growled slightly and said threateningly "Little god...whats keeping me from consuming you and taking your power for my own?" He smirked with an evil, angry look but just before the power hungry beast made a move, he suddenly bowed, rather quickly, in a religious prostrating position.

"Thats a good boy." Gozen said with a smirk, holding out his hand. He was forcing Asmodine to bow, with a simple gesture. He looked over at Xhar'zyavhir "You are marked by the War Lord, when you seek my aid, simply slit your hand and place the blood where the ward used to lay, and I will come."
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Xhar'zyavhir Fri Aug 26, 2016 7:14 pm

The way he commanded Asmodine was powerful and frightening. And yet, Xhar'zyavhir couldn't but feel enormous pride. Clearly she made the right choice, and gained another powerful ally.
"Many thanks, War Lord. I'm honored to be a friend of yours. Call out to me if you have need of my help again."
Xhar'zyavhir
Xhar'zyavhir

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin Sat Aug 27, 2016 12:37 am

He chuckled and with a simple nod of his head, vanished in a swirl of darkness even her eyes could not penetrate. Asmodine picked himself up and looked at her in the eyes and said, with a rather displeased sounding voice "What was that and why did it sound so friendly with you?"
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Xhar'zyavhir Sat Aug 27, 2016 6:34 pm

"My apologies, but it was the only way to free you. Perhaps this was part of your point of fate." She paused thinking of how to continue.
"It seems your ward was magically linked with another, the being you just saw. If you are familiar with the ancient Arlian gods, that was none other than Gozen, The War Lord. In exchange for his freedom, I have gained an ally...which means, we have gained an ally."
Xhar'zyavhir
Xhar'zyavhir

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin Sat Aug 27, 2016 6:38 pm

Asmodine seemed slightly uneasy "Gozen...Hmmm I'll have to think on that but I seem to remember that name. Either way, you have released me, and I think you for this." He morphed into his humanoid form in a flash of fire and red light. "It seems we have work to do, my new friend."

A Journey Underneath - Page 5 Aa382e10
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Xhar'zyavhir Tue Sep 06, 2016 6:40 pm

"It would seem so." Xhar'zyavhir noted his humanoid form. It was, as to be expected, impressive. It was time they joined forces. With the addition of Asmodine and the Ilithiliches, they were sure to have the strength to make it to the Abyssal leak. When they did, it would only be a matter of time before Xhar'zyavhir's power grew. The days draw closer to her glorious resurgence in the Underdark. Soon enough she can rebuild her empire.

And Asmodine, it seemed, was going to help her...
"Now tell me, have you any sway over the alhoons here? Or did they just happen to settle near you. I had quite the time trying to convince them to join me."
Xhar'zyavhir
Xhar'zyavhir

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin Tue Sep 06, 2016 9:01 pm

"They know of me, though I'm fairly certain the only one who worships me was the one who brought you here. And ran like a coward as soon as things got a bit frightening." He chuckled, and veeery obviously looked over her body "So, a hex dragon and a tartarian dragon...the underdark should be worried. I know you plan on using these Ilitihds and your orcs to take over the drow in the area to spread across the Under Dark...but wouldn't it be a better idea to turn these orcs into Ilitihds first? It would take at least a week of gestation and mutation to turn all the bodies...but imagine the power. I'm sure your fey orc would make a rather powerful Ilitihd, or perhaps a lich of some type, considering the fey energy may not be so compatible with the Ilithid"
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Xhar'zyavhir Thu Nov 10, 2016 10:25 pm

She smirked coyly at him. "It is as though you read my mind, Asmodine. I am aware of the ilithid creation process, and I've been considering the benefits..." Xhar'zyavhir, brushed her fingers through the human hair on her head, feeling it for the first time in ages.

She mulled over the idea. "The Orcs would retain all of their bodily strength and brute power, and they would possess all the psionic power of a mind flayer. What perplexes me is the Orc. He has eaten the heart of a faerie creature and now possess fey like abilities. Immune to attacks of the mind. He is a pawn under my spell, though I long to turn him to a more useful piece." She turned to the great being before her and asked, "How do you think Lichdom would mix with his traits?"
Xhar'zyavhir
Xhar'zyavhir

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin Thu Nov 10, 2016 10:45 pm

Asmodine thought for a moment and sighed "I'm not sure, I have never heard of someone trying to combine Fey energies with the necrotic power of lichdom, at last not straight from a fey. I know Elves are related tot he Fey Wilds, but they can be turned into Liches given the correct circumstances. It may take quite a bit of research. But...if you are up for some experimentation, we could use him for something else." He smirked wide for a moment, obviously some rather dark and twisted curling around his mind.
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Xhar'zyavhir Thu Nov 10, 2016 11:02 pm

"Hmm." Asmodine is just wicked as I am...heh. Still, the Orc has proved valuable so far. I would hate to lose him, especially if he can be made stronger. "No. My resources are still few, and will not risk losing any edges I have at the moment. I will research the possibilities and keep an eye on him." She walked towards the exits of the cave. “Well, perhaps these ilithid would be more amicable to serving a pair of powerful dragons.” She glanced back behind her, “Do you know anything more of these Ilithids, Asmodine?”
Xhar'zyavhir
Xhar'zyavhir

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin Thu Nov 10, 2016 11:06 pm

"I do know quite a bit about this group of Ilithids we have here. They are more brutal and conniving than most of their species, which I know sounds ridiculous and impossible, but they will always go back on their word and their deals unless shown to be completely without profit. They have a certain 'keep what you kill' mentality. So I would say a rather sure fire way to cement your leadership here would be to kill their strongest leader, the rest should fall in line quickly afterwards." He seemed slightly disappointed his experimentation idea was thrown out, but that wouldn't keep him from bringing it up whenever he felt it was applicable.
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Xhar'zyavhir Fri Nov 11, 2016 11:13 pm

"My, how convenient!" She grinned and paraded through the dark passageway. "We shall have to have a meeting with their leaders then very soon. In order to arrange the gesticulation, of course." She scanned the Ilithid city taking in the view and seeing what the place had to offer.
Xhar'zyavhir
Xhar'zyavhir

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin Wed Nov 16, 2016 1:19 am

Asmodine smirks and looks out over the city with her. It wasn't an amazing under dark metropolis by any means, it was small, but it was obvious these were industrious ilithids and it was growing. The most important part of this city were the three largest buildings in the center, the rest seemed to be quickly bit improvised housing. These three buildings looked much more ancient than the rest of the city, built by someone before them. They were out of stone, looking more like they were sculpted by a large stalagmite that might have been there. One was a temple, they seemed to only be using it as a place for rituals at this moment, the other was a large meeting house or town hall, and the other looked to be a dwarven forge that these ilithids simply didn't have the resources to light up. Which said Duergar must have once inhabited this area and left or perhaps slain by these Ilithid.
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Xhar'zyavhir Tue Apr 04, 2017 10:25 pm

Upon seeing the city, Xhar'zyavhir gestured Asmodine to come with her. She made her way confidently down the streets, looking out for the head Ilithid she spoke with. She clicked her mind over to Kurgoth. A sort of mental snapping of the fingers. "Kurgoth, come to me. There is something you must do." If she couldn't find their leader outside, she would head to building that appeared to be a town hall.
She spoke under her breath to Asmodine, am evil grin on her face. "I think the alhoon I spoke to earlier has some very important news to hear."
Xhar'zyavhir
Xhar'zyavhir

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 5 of 6 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum