The Council of Mixed Magus

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Re: The Council of Mixed Magus

Post by Xhar'zyavhir on Mon Aug 08, 2016 3:00 am

When the women walked in, Brevnin would follow her, if only to show vague interest in the council's discussion. He shuffled to his seat and his head popped up at her announcement.

The Arch Mage had been reviewing one of the elder mage's theory. It was a theory around an obscure star called the dragon's eye. The elder claimed the star had grown brighter over the past 1000 years because it erupted. He was scribbling on the slate board to demonstrate how the energies from the star could have disrupted the dragons on this plane. The Arch Mage nodded with some interest. He tolerated the elder because he was respecte, yet the Arch Mage was unconvinced on his theory. He was leafing through documents when the women announced her presence.
His head rose with a wide eyed look. And for a moment there seemed to be a flash of recognition from his face. He adjusted his glasses and cleared his throat.

"You.." he paused, "Ah yes, the summons, yes yes, welcome! I don't think we've met. I'm Arch Mage Yezmond. We've probably found your file in our records. Do sit down and join us, we'll be needing all hands on deck for this one. We were just discussing the origins of the dragon's disappearance and, following naturally, their reappearance."
Xhar'zyavhir

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin on Wed Aug 10, 2016 9:42 pm

((I was waiting for a spot to join but this seems alright.))

Sitting in a far corner of the room with a notebook open, taking notes of literally every single thing said was a younger mage of a rare species, a Genasi with purple skin, eyes like amethyst and hair the color of lightning. He had a pair of rather sophisticated looking glasses on and was wearing the uniform of a very prestigious school of mage craft. He seemed interesting in everything, including the new comer, absorbing all information he could. Anyone near him would know his name was Barnabus, as he introduced himself to everyone he sat near. He also preferred people not shorten it to something else, ESPECIALLY not Barny.
Admin
Admin

View user profile http://arlia.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Lucaerys on Wed Aug 24, 2016 11:58 am

The woman had to suppress her desire to scoff at the incompetent man before her. Hadn't he any idea why she had not remained in the council of mages, any idea that she was descended from a dragon herself. No. Obviously he did not. She chose to humor him, despite her distrust for this place she walked to the council table and took a seat.

"Go on then, tell us what should be done about these 'dragons'." she cooed him to continue.
Lucaerys

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Xhar'zyavhir on Wed Aug 24, 2016 7:46 pm

"Ah! Yes. Well..." The old mage thought for just a moment. "We have seen several ideas today...A handgul believe the dragons were connected to the Astral plane, as it is easily accessible from ours. A variety of theories are bouncing around as to how or why they left. Some, like Elder Thurdulil, say a star did it..." The Arch Mage gestured to the old elf mage who spoke earlier.

"Still some say it was a curse by ancient mages, or possibly another dragon. Perhaps Bahamut was involved? And some believe they left by choice. Perhaps off to conquer another world? Who knows! It's fascinating." He cleared his throat and stood up straight. When he did he appeared rather tall, and his age did not show as much. He addressed everyone.

"What we can all agree on is that they were once gone from this world. It is up to us to make sure they stay gone. Dragons are simply too dangerous."
Xhar'zyavhir

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Lucaerys on Thu Aug 25, 2016 10:58 am

"Good, what we all can agree on is genocide. Are you going to kill al of their children, destroy their nesting grounds, and murder innocents because they have dragon blood as well?" She scoffed, her eyes burning flames flickering against the dark night.
Lucaerys

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin on Thu Aug 25, 2016 7:20 pm

Barnabus spoke up with a stutter "N-n-n-now everyone just c-calm down shall we? I agree, atleast t-t-to a point with our m-mysterious friend here. W-we can't just g-get rid of them. I f-found something very interesting in some research I was doing, in ancient ruins I b-b-beleive belonged to a dragon of some type or another. D-dragons could be essential to th-the fabric of our p-plane! I think w-w-we should investigate p-personally..."
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Xhar'zyavhir on Fri Aug 26, 2016 6:14 pm

At this point Brevnin seized the opportunity and spoke up. "Yes! That sounds perfect to me. The dragons are not to be feared, but welcomed back. We have no idea what affect their return to this world has caused, and we don't know what will happen if we attempt to destroy them." He scoffed a bit.

"Besides, I rather study and learn from them, than try and go up against them." He stood up, which didn't make much of a difference height wise, most people probably didn't notice, but he felt better when he did. "I am willing to to make an expedition."
Xhar'zyavhir

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Mythrandiel on Sat Aug 27, 2016 3:10 am

For the first time at any mage council meeting that he attended Kaelryn walked to the table and stayed standing and spoke. His voice mostly soft but those sensitive to things would feel it had some type of weight to it." What right do we have to choose genocide against the numerous types of dragon that have returned? We all know Dragons are much older and wiser than ANY of our races. And any of us that have the intelligence to look past stereotypical thinking and read some of the ancient tomes that so many of us use for power and spells and potions, can easily see. A number of Dragons where friends to the all the lesser races. These beings are beings of magik and are both directly and indirectly tied to nature and the various balances therein. It would be BEYOND foolish to attempt destroying them, or forcing them out. They are integrally part of this world, as all of us are. We have a profound duty and responsibility to protect the world, not destroy any part of it we find uncomfortable."
Many mages might know of Kael, he's always at the important meetings, ussually silent. But he did seem to have some variety of respect showed by the elder mages, if you could call it respect.
Mythrandiel

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Caeriadne on Sat Aug 27, 2016 1:04 pm

"The Arch Mage is right," Rethus added quietly after a pause. Dangling his pipe in his hand, he glanced around to those who had disagreed with him. "But with that said, I don't believe 'genocide' is the solution, either. We have seen greater peace now in the age without dragons than our forefathers saw when these great creatures sprawled across all of Arlia - yes, some are mighty and wise and benevolent, but others are wicked and power-hungry. We cannot, and should not, wipe them away from the world, but harness the risk that they represent. I propose not that we kill them, but that we understand why and how they were locked away, and learn to utilize that power to keep the worst of their race at bay from terrorizing humanity." The pipe slowly found its way back to his mouth and he took a thoughtful puff, indicating that he had finished speaking.
Caeriadne

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin on Sat Aug 27, 2016 6:31 pm

Barnabus nodded with a tentative smile, seeing all these people agreeing with his position, at least to a point. Though he wanted to see what this mysterious woman had to say about this.
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Lucaerys on Wed Aug 31, 2016 1:26 pm

She stood still for a time, shocked at the opposition to destroying the dragons. She perceived herself to be the only one against it.

"Have you considered the return of the dragon that once resided there? You'd be walking into a death trap if you're careless."
Lucaerys

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin on Wed Aug 31, 2016 5:16 pm

He shook his head "L-L-Last time I w-was there, I managed to s-set up a small scrying w-ward. I can see through i-it. The Emerald who l-lived th-there left shortly after r-returning."
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Xhar'zyavhir on Wed Sep 07, 2016 9:01 pm

"Well let's get a confirmation on that, and be off! I assume it's close by?" Brevnin grunted. This was a chance to go out and collect practical information, rather than bouncing between unproven theories. "It's a simple matter of gathering the facts. Once we have more information we can stop guessing yes?"
Xhar'zyavhir

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Mythrandiel on Wed Sep 21, 2016 2:58 pm

Patience in this matter would be wise. We do not know where they went and we don't know how they returned. Though intensely wise creatures, Dragons are passionate and emotional you should not do anything quick nor brash.
Mythrandiel

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Xhar'zyavhir on Thu Nov 10, 2016 10:49 pm

The Arch mage looked around at the current discussion, almost speechless. He adjusted his cap and scratched at his thinning grey scalp. He sighed a bit and mumbled to Rethus, “These youngins...ever the bold.” He spoke up and addressed the council. “If there are those who wish to investigate the nearby ruin, then I shall write a letter to our officials..”

He pawed through some papers to find blank parchment. “I’m sure the guild would happily fun the expedition to learn more about these dragons. I shall have them send out a force to investigate, leaving the details of the mission up to them. Anyone present who wishes to go, may do so for research purposes only. Brevnin smiled and sat back in his chair. "At least is was a start," He thought to himself.

"Now,” The Elven Arch Mage sat back down and began to organize the documents, "I give the floor to anyone to make any closing remarks about any further business."
Xhar'zyavhir

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

View previous topic View next topic Back to top