Arlia
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Sapphire Skies

2 posters

Page 12 of 12 Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 10, 11, 12

Go down

Sapphire Skies - Page 12 Empty Re: Sapphire Skies

Post by Admin Sun Jun 05, 2016 2:19 am

A very tan skinned half elf would walk to where she was and bow to the group. This half elven women had long brown hair tied in a knot near her neck, her olive skin showed the signs of a life of hard working, her eyes were dark brown and harsh, the face of a women in charge. The face of a women who had worked hard to be in charge, and wasn't expecting anything less than the hardest from her workers. When she spoke, it still carried the softness of an elf's voice, but it was toned, sharp, with a brisk power to it. "Hello everyone. My name is Mary Sithia, I currently am in charge of the upkeep of nearly every public building in this city, and as representative on this council, I will make sure our city grows and prospers, making sure everyone is working their hardest for the betterment of everyone." She turned to Caeriadne after her short and to the point speech, and bowed just like a man would.

Sapphire Skies - Page 12 Wood_e10
Admin
Admin
Admin

https://arlia.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Caeriadne Sun Jun 05, 2016 2:24 am

Caeriadne found herself liking this woman right from the start - she reminded her of herself, in a way. Mary Sithia was certainly not what she had expected in a labor representative, but Caeriadne was not at all disappointed in this election. This woman seemed to have a no-nonsense, results-oriented approach to what she wanted. Caeriadne could sense a steadfast, deep strength in this woman that one could only gain from years of toil.

"Thank you, and welcome to the Council, Mary Sithia. I am looking forward to working with you." She nodded respectfully to the woman as she bowed. Caeriadne reached for the final ballot box and drew the last name of the electorate. "Your parent representative will be..."
Caeriadne
Caeriadne

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin Sun Jun 05, 2016 2:29 am

Alis Serhelm was the name she pulled, it seemed like a human name, even if it was an odd one, perhaps from a culture that sprung up during the thousand years she'd been gone.
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Caeriadne Sun Jun 05, 2016 2:32 am

"Alis Serhelm," she reported. "Please come up and tell me about yourself, and how you will represent the parents and families of this city."
Caeriadne
Caeriadne

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin Sun Jun 05, 2016 2:20 pm

A woman with light skin, speaking of a life mostly spent in doors, walked up to Caeriadne. She had a sweet, caring face framed by soft features, just looking at her gave the impression of a loving mother. She looked to be in her late 30s. She wore the clothes of a commoner but her sleeves were rolled up and so was her dress, allowing her to work easier. When she spoke her voice was soft, yet firm, and with a melodic quality that made people want to stop and listen to her. She smiled and curtsied for the group and her new queen before speaking.

"Hello everyone, my name is Alis Serhelm, and I live in one of the larger houses near the back of our housing area. I have no children of my own, sadly my husband perished a year after we were married, and we hadn't managed to have children. But I take in children whose parents perish, or who wander into Brighton in dire circumstances. It's not a real orphanage, but it's the closest we have." She sighed for a second then said "I'm not sure what I can do for the village, I've always so closely focused on the children I take care of I've never thought of anything larger...but I will do my best if you all think I'm good enough."

Sapphire Skies - Page 12 F344dc10
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Caeriadne Mon Jun 06, 2016 11:51 pm

"That is precisely what I want you to keep focusing on, Alis," Caeriadne smiled plainly. "I'm sure you will represent the youth and families of our town well."

Once Caeriadne had finished announcing the elected council members, she took a few steps forward. "Thank you all for participating and casting your votes to the people who will represent you. If you have any specific concerns that you cannot bring to the town hall forums, please speak to your representatives as I will meet with them regularly."

She glanced around at the gathered townspeople. The sun had faded and the roads were now lit by flickering torchlight. "As I gave my word earlier this morning, anyone who wishes to leave Brighton and revoke their fealty to me, and to this city and its people, may speak their mind now." She paused.
Caeriadne
Caeriadne

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin Mon Jun 06, 2016 11:57 pm

A few assorted people seemed to have their things packed up with them, and with a bow and a few silent apologies to friends, about 15 people left the village, along with the caravan of traders who were going to begin selling the backlog of trade goods they had stored.

But besides those people, the rest of the town seemed excited about their election and the council they had created. And a voice from in the crowd, a certain other dragon, suggested "Why not hold a celebration! To commemorate such an occasion?" The rest of the crowd roared their approval to the idea, clapping and cheering, hoping their queen would allow it.
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Caeriadne Tue Jun 07, 2016 12:41 am

"Let them pass," she said to any of the guards who may have regarded the first townspeople and travelers to be allowed to leave after she had ordered the roads be closed to anyone coming in or out. Caeriadne gave no resistance - after all, what good were followers that did not want to follow?

She shuddered at the all-too-familiar voice. Now he was making a mockery of her elections? A celebration - a party? There was work to be done; this was a time of trial, not of tomfoolery. But before she could protest and suggest that everyone retire for the evening instead, she heard the crowd booming with excitement over the prospect. That damnable lapis dragon - now she hardly had a choice, if she didn't want to completely sour the occasion.

"That would be fine," she smiled calmly. "Perhaps we have some musicians among us?" She glanced sidelong at Huo Long, but didn't address him directly. "And perhaps there might be a few folks who would care to bring some food and drink out." She gestured freely to the gathered people, suggesting they were given free reign to do as they pleased.
Caeriadne
Caeriadne

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin Tue Jun 07, 2016 12:51 am

Huo Long bowed to her and smiled "I will gather a few of them other musically minded people in the town and get a little show prepared." He walked off with a pep to his step, he seemed excited to do this as the rest of the people began setting up for a large celebration almost like this was a festival.

Suddenly Raziel's voice came from beside her "You can't just hold an election and then send them to bed, they have to have some fun to break the seriousness of the occasion! You have a lot to learn about country town small folk."
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Caeriadne Tue Jun 07, 2016 12:53 am

"You have a lot to learn about staying in your place," she retorted. "Perhaps you should have passed this little 'idea' by me first. I know what you're trying to do, Raziel, and I assure you that I do not appreciate you trying to undermine me." She kept her voice steady but it was clear she had little patience for him.
Caeriadne
Caeriadne

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin Tue Jun 07, 2016 12:54 am

"Simply saying that means you have no idea about what I'm trying to do. I have no interest in Undermining you. But just for fun, why would I want to do that my dear Caeriadne?"
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Caeriadne Tue Jun 07, 2016 1:00 am

She scoffed and turned away. "Neither one of us is stupid, so let's not pretend like it." She began to walk towards the town hall, apparently intending to let the townsfolk go about their celebration without her.
Caeriadne
Caeriadne

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin Tue Jun 07, 2016 1:03 am

He laughed and said "Wow aren't you needlessly paranoid. Also...a Queen leaving her people to a celebration without partaking? You don't want your people to think all the smiling is a front. I mean it is, but you don't want them to think that."
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Caeriadne Tue Jun 07, 2016 6:56 pm

"I'm not fronting anything. That's why I'm leaving, Raziel. I have business to attend to." She continued walking.
Caeriadne
Caeriadne

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin Tue Jun 07, 2016 10:37 pm

She would feel a brisk wind and he was standing in front of her "And what business would that be my dear? I'm just SO curious."
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Caeriadne Wed Jun 08, 2016 1:30 am

"It's not any of yours, my friend," she swerved past him and picked up her pace towards the town hall.
Caeriadne
Caeriadne

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin Wed Jun 08, 2016 1:31 am

"But I would like to make it mine, my friend." He said with a slightly dark yet still mischievous sound to his voice.
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Caeriadne Wed Jun 08, 2016 1:45 am

She stopped for just a brief second and looked at him straight on. "Fuck off, please. It's nothing personal. I'm just busy." She then continued once more across the courtyard.
Caeriadne
Caeriadne

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin Wed Jun 08, 2016 2:11 am

He smiled "Oh I hit a nerve, fantastic, good to know you have them." He turned around and waved walking into the crowd "Well I'll be drinking and partying out here. I'll be around my dear, for a looong while now."
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Caeriadne Wed Jun 08, 2016 2:25 am

Caeriadne concealed a shudder of frustration as she kept walking. That damnable dragon was infuriating, and he knew it.

She reached the town hall and entered, shutting the door behind her. She sighed as the din of the city's activity was muffled behind her. She strode through the main hall and back to the door which she had 'remodeled' the previous day. Into her new lair she went, so she could try to calm down. She had done enough 'socializing' for one day. It was time now for - she inhaled deeply, letting the comforting scent of the dendritic waft up to her - home.

Last edited by Caeriadne on Wed Jun 08, 2016 2:32 am; edited 1 time in total
Caeriadne
Caeriadne

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin Wed Jun 08, 2016 2:29 am

The smell of dendritic would feel like it filled her whole body with joy and a cathartic scent unlike anything she had ever known, it seemed like being near her horde made her feel immediately better, the magical connection between a dragon and her horde...she would just begin to realize how much she missed that feeling.
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 12 of 12 Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 10, 11, 12

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum