Sapphire Skies

Page 11 of 12 Previous  1, 2, 3 ... , 10, 11, 12  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Re: Sapphire Skies

Post by Caeriadne on Sat Jun 04, 2016 11:47 am

"How flattering," Caeriadne straightened her shoulders and kept her gaze on the man. She knew she had to play this right. "You make it seem as if you're no ally to the other dragons around here, so let's consider ourselves friends for the time being. Welcome to the little city of Brighton," she smiled diplomatically. "I assure you, it will indeed be an interesting place to be."
Caeriadne

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin on Sat Jun 04, 2016 2:39 pm

He nodded and said with wide grin, like he was getting exactly what he wanted from her "Well you are most definitely right about THAT, there aren't any other gem dragons for quite a distance, all nearest to you are either Chromatic or the darker planar dragons. You have an unlucky yet also lucky spot here in Brighton. Thank you for being oh so very welcoming, but I do hope my dear that you will be straighter with me? Perhaps a little less fake and diplomatic. You don't like me, and frankly as it stands I don't really need or want you to like me. I just want you to understand that you're stuck with me for a while. I appreciate people who are genuine about their personality with me."

It was as if every word from his mouth was carefully chosen for effect, not that he was being 'fake or diplomatic' he was being completely real with her, this was his personality. It just seemed that under all the humor and exaggerated speech he was analytical, incredibly so. He seemed completely friendly though, maybe he was already considering himself an ally to her.
Admin
Admin

View user profile http://arlia.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Caeriadne on Sat Jun 04, 2016 3:19 pm

"Then to be blunt, Raziel, I have nothing against you because I don't know you. What I do detest is that you've come here and brooded around watching me so nonchalantly as to think I would take no offense or threat to your very presence. Frankly, I think you are well aware that had I been in a better position than just taking the first steps to establish my own safety, I would've settled for nothing less than your outright execution the very moment I discovered that another dragon had allowed himself into my territory without so much as making his presence known, let-alone an invitation. But since you are here now, and I couldn't rip your damnable soul asunder right and proper for an atrocity that any self-respecting gem dragon might have the civility and courtesy not to unload onto another without meaning it to be an open act of hostility, I will heed your request and at the very least speak straight with you. So, there you have it."

She took a breath after that deep and well-delivered rant, and then continued somewhat more pragmatically. "But please do understand that I'll expect you to behave yourself. If you can do that, then I see no reason why we can't at least get along, and I'll consider you my guest."
Caeriadne

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin on Sat Jun 04, 2016 3:25 pm

He smile wide and clapped his hands together "Ah there it is! Yes that's more like it, I love when people show their true colors. Such a straight forward, blunt woman. I like that" He winks, but in a way to show it was obviously a jest "I can promise you won't have any problems from me, at least any problems that would necessitate 'ripping my damnable soul assunder'."

He sighed with a smile and shook his head just slightly with a little laugh, he still seemed lighthearted, but his eyes suddenly seemed just a touch more serious "Oh dear Caeriadne, the future truly holds wonderful things in store for you. Wonderful things. I can't wait to see how you deal with them."
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Caeriadne on Sat Jun 04, 2016 3:47 pm

Caeriadne chose to ignore his second comment for now, as she glanced at the almost fallen sun and knew the townspeople would get anxious if she didn't make an appearance soon.

"You can spend the night on the first floor of the town hall. There are a few extra rooms, I'm sure you can find enough to make yourself comfortable." Keep your friends close, and your enemies closer, she thought to herself. "I have an address to make. I'm sure you'll be joining everyone, hm?" With that, she turned and started to head for the end of the courtyard for the election proceedings.
Caeriadne

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin on Sat Jun 04, 2016 3:57 pm

"Oh thank you my dear, I was planning on just sleeping outside but that sounds much better. And yes I will be attending you're address, I wouldn't miss it for the world, it's not often a dragon holds elections." He laughs a bit and follows her until they get to the courtyard, the he splits off back into a crowd, and vanishes from sight.
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Caeriadne on Sat Jun 04, 2016 4:56 pm

Shaking off the discomfort and residual anger from dealing with Raziel, Caeriadne wove through the crowd and made her way up towards the front where the table with the ballot boxes was. She waited a moment to get everyone's attention, and then stood in front of all the people that were gathered.

"People of Brighton," she began, casting her voice out authoritatively and then pausing for silence. "Today we will do something that not many people, and especially not many dragons, practice. I believe that the best ruler is one who listens to her people. And as such, this will be my primary way of listening to you - through the people you have chosen today to represent you, who will have a seat on my council. I have asked for you to elect one administrator, one military general, one spiritual leader, one merchant or artisan, one laborer, and one parent. Now, as my volunteers have counted and tallied all the votes, I will draw each final name from the nominations you have cast, and ask that person to come forward."

Caeriadne reached for the first ballot box marked 'Administrator' and pulled the single neatly-folded paper from it. She read the name aloud for all to hear.
Caeriadne

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin on Sat Jun 04, 2016 7:33 pm

For administrators it would say a name that was most definitely not one that most humans used. The name was Huǒ Lóng, she may remember that there are isolated societies of Tieflings use names like that.

She would notice someone who had been absent from most of the other meetings, standing in the crowd. A tiefling with dark red skin, bright amber eyes and long horns stretching from his forehead.

Last edited by Admin on Sat Jun 04, 2016 10:54 pm; edited 1 time in total
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Caeriadne on Sat Jun 04, 2016 8:46 pm

Huǒ Lóng," Caeriadne announced the name. "You are elected as the administrator to my Council. Huǒ Lóng, please step forward."

She saw the tiefling in the crowd. An interesting sort, to be sure, but she did not harbor the animosity towards them that most humans and other races did. Of course they were a product of demonic ancestry, but that was not something that she was flighty or superstitious about. Besides - his name had been chosen, and that was all that was necessary for now.

"Please tell me about yourself, and state to the townsfolk what your priorities will be in representing them."
Caeriadne

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin on Sat Jun 04, 2016 10:52 pm

Huǒ Lóng stepped forward out of the crowd, he had normal human legs instead of hoofed demonic ones, showing this was a second or third generation tiefling, not a first. His clothes looked like an odd cobbling mixture of adventures buckles and cloak, mixed with performers garb. The over shirt was a diamond print of dark blue and grey blue, with golden accents, with a plain white undershirt with one gray sleeve sewed on. On his back, instead of a weapon or tool of some trade was a rather expensive looking Lute, though it looked older and worn, he had definitely been using it quite a lot. His pants were very plain brown workers pants, patched and fixed a thousand times. Though she would also notice a small golden dagger in his belt.

He stepped to the front and bowed to her, then the crowd and smiled softly and said "Well, I have to admit I did not imagine this. Especially administration, to be honest I'm not sure if I am cut out for such a high spot in a government..."

A voice from the crowd would shout out that he was being modest, he help them organize projects with the last governor, it was followed by a few other voices agreeing.

He chuckled and nodded "Thank you friends. You all know me I suppose, my name is Huo Long. I left a Tiefling monastery 50 years ago and have been traveling since. I have organized projects in multiple cities, though I have stayed here the longest. I have training as a monk but I prefer the artistry of the bard's life." He laughed a bit and said "But if you all think I will be a good fit for this, I will not make you regret it. I will make this city, and my new queen, proud."

Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Caeriadne on Sat Jun 04, 2016 10:57 pm

"Thank you, Huo Long. I look forward to working with you." She thought the tiefling was quite a strange figure indeed, but nonetheless could appreciate his modesty and his apparently humble background. He would make for an interesting ally.

Caeriadne then drew from the military general ballot box. "The next position is perhaps one of the most important of all - the military general will be responsible for overseeing our forces and ensuring their proper training and development, as well as the defense of the city and the protection of our citizens and interests. The military general you have elected is..."
Caeriadne

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin on Sat Jun 04, 2016 11:03 pm

The name for the military leader was an odd one, it didn't sound as...country-ish as the other did, sounded like he was from a larger city. Darold Lancaster.
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Caeriadne on Sat Jun 04, 2016 11:08 pm

"Darold Lancaster," Caeriadne announced and then repeated: "please step forward, tell me about yourself, and state to the people what your priorities will be in representing them."
Caeriadne

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin on Sat Jun 04, 2016 11:12 pm

A rather old and rotund man, with a wooden peg from the knee down on his right leg came walking out of the crowd. He walked with a cane that was obviously also a sword, the top of the cane was just a hilt with no attempt at concealing it. With little ceremony he nodded to her then looked at the crowd "You all know why I'm up here. I was a knight in the kingdom of Eurasifa, until me and my house were banished for some bull shit I had no part of." He said with a gruff bitter angry tone "I'm the only human here who knows how a military is even meant to function let alone how to train one and discipline it's men." He was much less loved by the townspeople than the last man, but she could see that at least her citizens were thinking objectively about who they voted for.

Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Caeriadne on Sat Jun 04, 2016 11:18 pm

"Thank you, General Lancaster," she nodded politely. "I am glad to have you with us." She was skeptical of this man - elder humans were often peculiar creatures, losing physical power with age rather than gaining it - but perhaps his wisdom would make him valuable to her as more than he seemed to be worth just from looking at him. He undoubtedly had the demeanor of a veteran, and would be more trustworthy than a younger man who had never really seen a field of battle.

She reached for the next paper. "The spiritual leader that you have elected is..."
Caeriadne

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin on Sat Jun 04, 2016 11:25 pm

It was rather obvious who this would be, it was Dylan. He was standing towards the front of the crowd with a look like he knew what it was going to say.
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Caeriadne on Sat Jun 04, 2016 11:27 pm

"And the elected spiritual leader is," Caeriadne announced, "Dylan. Dylan, please step forward, tell me about yourself, and tell the people how you will represent them."
Caeriadne

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin on Sun Jun 05, 2016 1:31 am

Dylan walked to where she was and got an applause before he began speaking. He laughed a bit with a embarrassed smile on his face, a slight flush to his cheeks. It was obvious he had an idea this might happen, but he was still taken by surprise. "Hello everyone. I'm Dylan, the new Head Cleric of this temple to our lady of hospitality Ashian. I...may actually be the highest ranking cleric of Ashian left in this part of the world. I may be young, but I understand that people need different things to go spiritually. For a time in my life I did not honor any of the gods, of any pantheon. It was a dark and sad time, but I got through it with the help of an amazing woman. I believe she was the daughter to your previous Head Cleric. When she left the other day, I was praying in the upper hall of the temple, and had a vision of a glorious future, with me at the hand of someone powerful and just. I believe our lady Ashian wants me, wants us all, to serve our Queen with honor and with every thing we have. I plan on giving my all to my new Queen, to the people of this city, and in turn to my goddess Ashian."
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Caeriadne on Sun Jun 05, 2016 1:47 am

"Thank you very much, Dylan. I'm sure you will do us and your goddess proud, and I know we will see the bright future of your vision come into reality if we strive for it."

She smiled at Dylan before going onto the next box. "Your elected representative of the merchants and artisans is..."
Caeriadne

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin on Sun Jun 05, 2016 1:48 am

The next name was one she recognized from very recently, Orothon Blackiron from her newly formed smiths guild. From the way he was standing in the crowd, she would able to surmise he had no idea.
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Caeriadne on Sun Jun 05, 2016 1:49 am

"Orothon Blackiron," she announced as she peered at him through the crowd. "Please come forward, tell me about yourself, and tell me how you will represent the merchants and artisans, and this town's best interests."
Caeriadne

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin on Sun Jun 05, 2016 1:55 am

His look was one of total surprise, he walked up and coughed to clear his throat and seemed to try and create some kind of speech "Uhm...well 'hen...This is surpizin in'nit? I didn't think I would git voted in for anything. Well, we all know I'm a bloody good smithy, and I run a bloody good shop, and the other black smiths a'this village know I'm a good leader when it comes to our lil economy here. I 'ope I'll keep that up for this job here on our queen council!" He looked at her and shrugs "Was'at good my Queen? Not too good wiv speeches I'm afraid."
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Caeriadne on Sun Jun 05, 2016 1:58 am

"It was quite good, Orothon," Caeriadne smiled encouragingly. He was exactly what she needed for this position - someone that knew a little bit of nothing about anything political, but was an expert in his field, and in how the life of a craftsman really was. She knew that the artisans and merchants were the lifeblood behind the scenes of any military and any city, and it was better to have an honest, simple man that knew and loved his craft. "Thank you, I know you will represent your fellow smiths and craftsmen, and the handiwork of this city, very well."

She drew the next ballot. "The laborer representative is..."
Caeriadne

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin on Sun Jun 05, 2016 2:11 am

The name she pulled would read Mary Sithia, the first name of a human, the last name of an elf or fey, she was a half breed of some type.
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Caeriadne on Sun Jun 05, 2016 2:11 am

"Mary Sithia," she read. "Please come forward, tell me about yourself, and how you'll represent the city."
Caeriadne

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 11 of 12 Previous  1, 2, 3 ... , 10, 11, 12  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top