Arlia
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Sapphire Skies

2 posters

Page 5 of 12 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 10, 11, 12  Next

Go down

Sapphire Skies - Page 5 Empty Re: Sapphire Skies

Post by Caeriadne Sat May 28, 2016 9:21 pm

She frowned and shifted uncomfortably. "I...I don't want to go back out there...they killed people...they..." She trailed off hopelessly, but already knew what this man's response was likely to be.
Caeriadne
Caeriadne

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin Sat May 28, 2016 9:44 pm

"I'm sorry my dear, but please, you can avenge all those deaths if you just lead us out to them, we can kill them all and end their evil little rampage."
Admin
Admin
Admin

https://arlia.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Caeriadne Sat May 28, 2016 9:46 pm

"I...I-I just don't know..." She looked up at him, wavering as if she just might be about to break.
Caeriadne
Caeriadne

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin Sat May 28, 2016 9:50 pm

"My dear please...if you help us not only will you be avenging all who they killed, but I will make sure you have a place to live in town for as long as you want, permanently if you wish."
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Caeriadne Sat May 28, 2016 9:54 pm

Caeriadne appreciated the irony of that more than this pompous fat man could ever have imagined. Still playing the part, her eyes widened a little bit, and the naive peasant girl act played out perfectly.

"I-I could stay here? Really? If I take you to where the gnolls were?"
Caeriadne
Caeriadne

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin Sat May 28, 2016 9:59 pm

He nodded with wide smile, thinking he won "Yes! Obviously if you help us we will accept you as a member of our little community here in brighton!"
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Caeriadne Sat May 28, 2016 10:01 pm

"Well...I-I guess...I can try to find them again. They were...south..." She shuddered a little bit. "Y-you'll have guards, won't you? To keep me safe? If not, I couldn't...I can't...I can't go back. I just..." She trailed off again, leaving an opening for the man to interject himself. This was going well and, if she let him, he would dig his own grave faster than she could do it for him.
Caeriadne
Caeriadne

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin Sat May 28, 2016 10:06 pm

"Of course! You would be traveling with the miltia lead by the man who got you, Silus. We were planning on sending our best 15 militiamen, but we could send more if you want to have more with you."
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Caeriadne Sat May 28, 2016 10:08 pm

"Oh, there were more gnolls than that!" She seemed scared. "W-what if your men get attacked?"
Caeriadne
Caeriadne

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin Sat May 28, 2016 10:13 pm

He nodded "Can you tell me how many Gnolls there were? Or at least how many you saw?"
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Caeriadne Sat May 28, 2016 10:17 pm

"Um...thirty, maybe?" She appeared to be guessing, but she had already decided on her estimate - enough to draw more guards out of the town, but not so many as to allow them to be fully prepared for the actual size of the gnoll tribe.
Caeriadne
Caeriadne

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin Sat May 28, 2016 10:20 pm

He throught for a moment "Just 30 gnolls shouldn't be too hard for my men...by I'll send ten more, so twenty five miltia men, so we still have a few here to man the walls. Does that make you more comfortable with guiding these men my dear?"
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Caeriadne Sat May 28, 2016 10:52 pm

"B-but...you won't even have as many men as there are gnolls..." She looked up at him for a second and then, as if ashamed of herself for overstepping her bounds, she looked away. "I'm s-sorry. I didn't mean to question..." She blushed and bowed her head again, clearly uncomfortable.
Caeriadne
Caeriadne

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin Sat May 28, 2016 10:55 pm

He laughs and smiles "Oh no my dear it is quite alright. I understand after seeing those brutes that you may think that. But my miltia is more than capable of taking on some Gnolls. We are experience warriors here, we have fought off goblins and Orks!"
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Caeriadne Sat May 28, 2016 11:00 pm

She still seemed unsure. "R-really?" She was throwing out another line to see how much free information this man would willingly offer.
Caeriadne
Caeriadne

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin Sat May 28, 2016 11:03 pm

"Yes really! With our full force we have withstood attack from orks, goblins, even a few hill giants once! We are a very strong group of people my dear! Though, since most of our men will be out dealing with these gnolls hopefully nothing happens while your gone!" He laughs loudly and heartily, just a joke to him.
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Caeriadne Sat May 28, 2016 11:12 pm

She offers a shy, hesitant little smile.

"Of course, sir. I...I think I can show your men where the gnolls were at last. Where I was able to sneak away from them, at least..."
Caeriadne
Caeriadne

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin Sat May 28, 2016 11:21 pm

"That would be most helpful! Would you like to have something to eat before you go, or would you like to go now? Sooner the better my parents always said!"
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Caeriadne Sat May 28, 2016 11:49 pm

"I haven't eaten in days," she looked at him pleadingly. This wasn't entirely a lie - despite having at least a sizeable meal of three Axe Beaks in her dragon form, her human form was still...unfed. Some sustenance would be appreciated, at the very least, and it certainly wouldn't hurt the plausibility of her story.
Caeriadne
Caeriadne

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin Sat May 28, 2016 11:54 pm

He smiled and nodded, though he was obviously hoping she would have said to lead them now. He stood up and gestured for her to follow him into the main part of the town. It was bustling with business, mostly internal trade but she would notice a few small caravan carts set up around ready to load goods off to Briar Hill, one of them was about to leave and held a few travelers, one being the cleric she told to leave.

He led her to a food stall selling all manner of basic breaded foods from chicken to beef to fish. "Take your pick my dear, It's on me. Though I would avoid the fish, we haven't gotten a fresh shipment for a couple of days..." When he says 'on me' she can assume that means on the tax payers.
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Caeriadne Sat May 28, 2016 11:57 pm

Her eyes lingered on the cleric for a moment. She had made the right decision...good. There was no telling just how much risk these villagers might be in a few short hours from now. It all depended on the efficiency of Caeriadne's plan and their willingness to cooperate. Hopefully, there would be little bloodshed, but...

"Thank you. Thank you very much, sir." She picked a few modest pieces of chicken and beef, and began chewing at them hungrily. "I have never been to Brighton before..." She took another mouthful, leaving an uncomfortable silence for the governor to fill.
Caeriadne
Caeriadne

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin Sun May 29, 2016 12:05 am

The governor smiled "Oh really! Well, it was founded by my grandfather about 60 years ago! We are having a founder's day festival in a few days from now. Celebrating 60 years of independence and self sufficiency. We just recently started trading with Briar Hill and things are really looking up! You are becoming part of a very good town my dear, I give a few years before Brighton is on the maps just like Briar Hill!" He seemed very proud and excited for the future of his town.
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Caeriadne Sun May 29, 2016 12:12 am

She listened intently, taking all of this in. She had heard these stories before. She had helped build up one of these little cities before. But, when she turned it over to the humans that she thought were its rightful inheritors...

The memories skittered away as she tried to recall them. It was almost painful to try and dig into them, so she let them be for now, but it left her feeling an age-old bitterness at people she had known that were just like this.

"Oh? That all sounds very exciting. Not a lot of little towns make it out here, all on their own. If I might ask, sir...how did you do it?"
Caeriadne
Caeriadne

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin Sun May 29, 2016 12:15 am

He made a determined look and held up a fist "Perseverance and determination! Our matron goddess also helped quite a bit, having healing clerics is quite useful in such a harsh land." He chuckled "As much as I would like to say it was all gusto and sweat, it was probably also luck. A lot of luck." He said with a sigh and contented smile. He seemed pompous and arrogant at first glance, but it more seemed now that he was a nice enough man, trying to emulate the nobles he will more than likely be dealing with if his plan for the town really happens.
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Caeriadne Sun May 29, 2016 2:44 am

Caeriadne was keeping herself very steady. The goal and the end result were what she was focused on; despite her soft spot for the motherly cleric, the well-being of this town's denizens was really not on her list of priorities at this time. She had a stinging soreness for nobles and leaders like this. The ones that she had trusted once...

She blinked a few times as she listened, seeming to be quite interested when in reality she was only gathering information now. Memorizing the layout of the town. Mentally counting out the guardsmen and civilians. She finished her last few bites of the breaded chicken and looked around the market square, then back up at the governor.

"Have you ever been attacked by gnolls before?"
Caeriadne
Caeriadne

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 5 of 12 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 10, 11, 12  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum